Reload this Page >

Suites in NYC(midtown)

Search

Suites in NYC(midtown)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 06:25 AM
mary

Suites in NYC(midtown)

Five of my sisters and I are planning a weekend reunion in NYC in early Nov. We'd like a big suite near the theater district that could accomodate all of us. Any recommendations on a nice hotel that would please even my fussiest sister?

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 09:13 AM
Tammy

Try the Rihga Royal, 151 W.54th 800-937-5454.

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 03:24 PM
elizabeth

I believe the Righa is now managed by Marriott under the "JW" flag. I stayed there in January and while it was lovely, I'm not sure the suites would be big enough for 5 - you'd probably need two and that could add up.

Another alternative is the Doubletree Suites at Times Square (www.doubletree.com). I walked through the lobby and it's very nice - and I think the rates would be less than the JW.

Have fun!

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 02:50 PM
Kathy

I've stayed in suites at the Marriott Marquis, Rihga Royal, Doubletree. For a party group of 5, I think the Marriott Marquis would be best. Although even a suite would be tight for 5, you could hook on an adjoining room. Check into getting a "Hospitality Suite" with adjoining room.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 03:27 PM
Teresa

Kathy,

Our family of 4 will be at the Doubletree on Times Square next month. Are the suites "standard" Doubletree/Embassy Suite sized or are they mini-sized for New York City? You can never tell from the website photos... Would you stay there again?

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 03:33 PM
Kathy

I stayed at the Doubletree a few years back. My suite had a room with a queen-sized bed, TV, etc. in one room and a pull-out couch, TV,in another. There was also a mini-kitchen. Not extremely large, but very nice (especially the mini-kitchen). My recommendation for the Marriott was based on 5 adults siblings, probably wanting to spend a good deal of time sitting/talking...I think they'd need a little more space. PS- If it hasn't changed-- the Doubletree gives you great cookies when you check in!

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 05:06 PM
joann

Teresa,

My family of four stayed at the Doubletree in early June this year. I'd say the living room is fairly large with sofabed, 2 upholstered chairs, coffee table, large desk with chair, huge window, and wet bar with large counter, microwave, fridge and coffeemaker--with plenty of coffee packets, tea bags etc. The bedroom was smaller and pretty full with two full beds and large armoire (no closet),and large window. The bath was very big with entry from LR or BR, long counter with two sinks and full mirror. The beds were not very comfortable, but the room was quiet, the location was great.
Depending on your tastes, there is a McDonalds next door, Dunkin donuts and Howard Johnsons across the street for breakfast, or terrific bagels and coffee at the gourmet deli 1/2 block away on 7th ave.