Suggestions for Waikiki hotel; not beachfront

Jan 13th, 2002, 09:07 AM
John

Suggestions for Waikiki hotel; not beachfront

We are looking for a good hotel a block or two from the beach in Waikiki. We don't want to spend too much. Thanks, John

Jan 13th, 2002, 10:11 AM
LCUY

John- The Ohana hotels (part of the Outrigger Chain) are nice hotels. There a a few of them throughout Waikiki. Nothing elaborate, but clean with nice rooms. I 've had several friends stay at the Ohana Surf, which is right in the middle of Waikiki on Kuhio Avenue. One block to the beach, 1/2 block to International marketplace, and 3 or 4 blocks to the zoo and Kapiolani park. they were running $49 specials last month, but may be a little more now.

Jan 14th, 2002, 05:12 AM
Bill

Hi John- I would highly recommend the Waikiki Beachcomber. Other than a block off the beach, I can think of no negatives. Positives - nice rooms, good location- the closest beach is in the area of the Royal Hawaiian, friendly staff. Also, adjacent to the International Marketplace, where you can get budget meals food-court style. Price is right around $100 and up, depending on season and view.

Jan 14th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Donna

A friend of mine stayed at the Outrigger Islander and said it was nice. A new hotel one block from the beach and reasonable rates.

Jan 15th, 2002, 06:12 AM
Jeff

Have you considered the Ilikai?

I've seen quite a few people here say it's a good value and they've been running some specials lately. Try http://www.ilikaihotel.com. You also might want to consider a condo. in the Ilikai. Try the accomodation database at gohawaii.com or call the hotel and ask for the condo. desk.

Jan 15th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Jeff

Also look into the Hawaiiana

http://www.hawaiianahotelatwaikiki.com/index.html

and the Breakers
www.breakers-hawaii.com

Search this Thread