Reload this Page >

Suggestions for last minute getaways in Florida or other warm places

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 10:02 AM
Iza

We are thinking about getting away for a few days from the cold Northeast during the Presidents Day week. Florida or some other place warm enough for pool/beach. Any suggestions for good last minute deals? Neither Travelocity nor Expedia seem to have any good specials.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 10:16 AM
Huh?

No suggestions, but can confirm with you about prices. From what I've seen, Florida prices don't really seem to fall until early- to mid-April.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 10:20 AM
L

For mid-April, US Airways' website offers NS service to Tampa from the NE for $187.50. Wasn't able to locate anything cheaper earlier, even through Orbitz which is usually right on with the cheapies. But haven't checked any for the past two weeks, so perhaps things have improved. Ciao

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Ang

Its not Florida but it is warm and surprisingly cheap. Why not try an all-inclusive or resort package to Mexico or the caribbean. Go to www.applevacations.com and click on Sizzlin specials, you will find some great bargains fopr February.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 05:10 PM
Beth

Try Cancun. They have alot of hotel therefore the prices go down. Plus it is in pesos. We have stayed at the Marriott , and it is a good deal with breakfast includes. There are charter flights available from Atlanta and up North I'm sure.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 09:24 PM
Lee

Weather in Southern Florida this past week:

Sunny
Breezy
85'F
Ahhhh

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 03:19 AM
Cindy

I don't know where you're leaving from, but if it's the east coast you might want to check www.grandbahamavacations.com. They have some pretty good deals for 3 to 7 day stays.

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 04:38 AM
AH

I think you may be too late for deals during Pres Week. I started checking mid Dec and even then deals were hard to find. I agree with checking orbitz, try qixo.com too. Another suggestion is try flying into Jacksonville, I found prices there to be less. I could fly from Albany (NY) to JAX for less than $200.