Success getting Midway refund??

Old Oct 6th, 2001, 07:48 AM
Pam

Success getting Midway refund??

Has anyone here actually received a refund from Midway for their tickets? I sent in an email request with all the required information several weeks ago, but as of yet, nothing. There is no number to call these days, so I'm left hanging....

I'm traveling to Boston in November, and I need to get new tickets from another airline. But I need my money back first! So, I'm wondering, has anyone been successful in obtaining a refund?

Thanks!!

Pam

Old Oct 6th, 2001, 11:30 AM
Cass

I was scheduled to fly to Roch. during the first week that Midway cut out major parts of service (Aug. 13-14). I received my credit on my credit card this month.

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 08:24 PM
Pam

Thanks Cass. Did you request your refund by mail, phone, email, or what? I sent an email request to the address posted on their website for that purpose, but haven't heard a thing, and it's been weeks now. No credit on the card either. And they have no one answering the phones, can't get a "human"

Old Oct 10th, 2001, 06:11 AM
ohoh

Seems to me your credit card company might be able to help you find out what's going on...(This is why I use Diners Club for all travel expenses. They've gone to bat for me very successfully in the past, but I know other's have had good luck with Mastercard, too.)

Old Oct 10th, 2001, 01:58 PM
Gail

I had a similar problem with tickets from Ansett in Australia. I call my card company, Mastercard, and told them I didn't get the service because they folded, and they knocked the charges off my account.

Old Oct 10th, 2001, 06:48 PM
Cass

(Sorry it took me a while to log on again.)

I did three things: 1. told Midway I wanted a refund on the day they called me to tell me my flight was cancelled. 2. Notified the Master Card bank that I wanted to "protest" the charges (which had already appeared on a bill) because I thought there was a good chance that Midway wouldn't refund the money. That meant eentually filling out a form and providing copies of the e-ticket record. 3. Emailing Midway to "reconfirm" my request for a refund.

I eventually saw a notification on my credit card bill that I had received a credit from Midway. Never heard from Midway.