Reload this Page >

Sturbridge - Lunch Suggestions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 1999, 08:40 AM
Marion

We're doing a day trip to Sturbridge, for the quilt fabric shop in the old Wright's mill and antique shops, not the Village. Any suggestions for a light, casual (shorts/jeans) lunch -- other than the fast food burger places? Salad, glass of wine, yummy dessert sort of place.
Also, any "don't miss" shops?
Thanks

Old Jul 27th, 1999, 09:42 AM
Beth

there's a really nice restaurant called "The Publick House" which serves old fashioned, New England type fare. It might be a little nicer than you are looking for, although I'm pretty sure you can wear jeans or shorts at lunch time. Chowder, lobster pie, and Indian Pudding are the specialties.

Old Jul 29th, 1999, 10:56 AM
Marilyn

The Publick House would be my recommendation also.Delightful and delicious.

Old Jul 29th, 1999, 10:56 AM
Marilyn

The Publick House would be my recommendation also.Delightful and delicious.

Old Aug 7th, 1999, 11:35 AM
carol

The Publick House is very nice but there is a place closer for you to the Mill called the Ugly Duckling (?) it is a loft above the Whistling Swan Great desserts!! Also while you are in the Mill visit the ribbon shop great buys. There is a new bed and breakfast called the Hearthstone Inn and the owners have a furniture shop right next door. All the furniture in the B&B is made by them. We just happened upon it this weekend and loved it, even bought two chairs.