Search

Stupid Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Carmella

Stupid Question

Going to Mexico - yes, I know this is the U.S. forum but you guys are more responsive. We have to change planes in Houston. We are flying out of O'Hare in Chicago. Will we be flying out of the international terminal? Do the rules of being there 3 hours early still apply?

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 10:01 AM
Have Fun In Mexico

Call your airline.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 10:02 AM
NoCanDo

You are correct, it is against Fodors' rules to answer a question about a flight to Mexico on the U.S. forum. I'd love to answer but the forum police may be watching.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 10:03 AM
xxx

No, you will not fly out of the international terminal. That is for all arrivals, and the departures of international-only carriers. 3 hours is too much time, but it depends on which airline and what time/day you fly.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 10:08 AM
lenleigh

When your flight gets into houston(as long as your on the same airline) you should allow for an hour to two hour layover in order to get to the int'l terminial.You should already be checked in for both your flights but you'll still have to go through security to get to the intl terminal.Most likely your bags will be checked through to your flt from Houston to Mexico.Usually the flights have enough connection time so I would just verify it with the airline.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 10:41 AM
Wendy

I had the same thing on my recent Paris flight (oops another non US statement!) You will need to check in 2 hours before your flight, I don't even think they'll let you do 3.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Carmella

Thanks everyone! I keep hearing 2 hours for domestic but 3 for international and thought this was a little tricky so wasn't sure.