Search

Stowe

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2004, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stowe

We're going to be in Stowe, VT May 16-18. Please let me know which restaurants in Stowe and surrounding areas are don't-miss.

Thanks, Sonia
Old May 4th, 2004, 03:46 AM

Have breakfast at the Dutch Pancake house. The little restaurant next to the movie theater (the parking lot is behind some other buildings so you might not see it) is also great for breakfast.
I loved the Main Street Grill in Montpelier which is operated by the Culinary Institute. See their website for hours of operation and you might want to have reservations.
Old May 4th, 2004, 06:03 AM

I cannot remember the name of it, but across from the Golden EAgle Resort is a good restaurant. We ate there several times, including Christmas dinner one year. Also, the movie theater is great if you have time and there is a movie you want to see...they have a bar in it!
Old May 4th, 2004, 06:20 AM
bm

Though I have not been yet, the Mist Grill & The Alchemist (in Waterbury) are favorites of my friends who live in there(just south of Stowe). I like The Shed in Stowe for a casual lunch/dinner. They brew their own beer and have good salads and burgers. You can bike/blade/walk right to it from the Stowe Rec Path (which is a must "do" in Stowe).
If you think you'll venture over to Burlington, post back and I can surely recommend some restaurants there! Have a great trip.
Old May 5th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, all. We'll be coming in through the Northeast Kingdom so would welcome suggestions in that direction as well. Anyone else?
Old May 7th, 2004, 04:57 AM

If you really enjoy excellent food, quaint but exciting atmosphere and exceptional service go to the Mist Grill in Waterbury (just a 15-20 minute drive south from Stowe). It is without a doubt one of our top restaurants and we're pretty picky. The wine list is affordable and they also have an extensive beer (including Belgian) and champagne list as well. It's really very good. Go to their website to see their menu: www.mistgrill.com
Old May 10th, 2004, 08:23 PM

You can pick up a fabulous dining guide at the Visitor's Office in the center of town when you arrive (menus with prices, photos, etc. for all the best places).

Strongly advise making reservations immediately at places you find most appealing. Typically, the most popular restaurants are booked solid the day before...