Steamer's/Pismo Beach,CA

Search

Steamer's/Pismo Beach,CA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steamer's/Pismo Beach,CA

Any opinions on this place? We're headed over to Pismo for some surfing this weekend and want a nice place for dinner one night.

The location sounds nice, on a bluff overlooking the ocean...... TIA ***kim***
Old Aug 16th, 2004, 07:28 PM

Kim, I probably shouldn't try to answer this for you because I haven't been there in quite awhile, but I will tell you what I recall. Steamers is owned by the same men who own McLintocks all over the central coast. The food is pretty good, typical California seafood... the view is probably the second best around here, although they only have indoor seating.( For wind protected outdoor seating, try Spyglass.) No coat required. They have a nice large bar/lounge area with live piano. When I was there, they could NOT make a Mohito... and I was bitterly disappointed!Did you have specific questions?
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 03:58 AM

Moneygirl gave a good description. My reaction is that it isn't fabulous but it is a very well-established, professionally run, and agreeable place to eat lunch or dinner.
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 07:20 AM
Original Poster

I've never found a place I really like in Pismo or Morro Bay that really wows me! The other alternative would be the restaurant at the Sea Venture Resort, then we'll do a casual lunch at Brad's or Splash Cafe. Open to other suggestions in Pismo! ***kim***
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 01:32 PM

WE just had dinner a few weeks ago at Splash Cafe and LOVED it. The clam chowder is awesome. The best, and I don't really like clam chowder. You can also get it to go. They have lots of other food there too. My DH got the fried shrimp and that was very good. I got the fish and chips and wished I had gotten the fried shrimp. You wait in line and then grab a table. Place is busy all day long. Fun and cute place. Not fancy, but yum.
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 08:44 PM

A few suggestions... Scotty's Bar and Grill (on Price across and down from Giuseppes makes great fish tacos, De Palo and Sons Deli is TO DIE FOR! Anything, sandwiches, salads whatever... all excellent. One of the Best Western Hotels on the frontage road parallel to the 101 in Shell BEach has a new restaurant called Pelican Point which is getting fairly good reviews but I haven't been. ( I have a 5 year old, almost 3 year old and an 8 week old. We don't get out much these days!)Also on Price, the Cracked Crab has wonderful crab bisque which I would
tkae any day over the chowder anywhere. For steak, we prefer the Hitching Post in Casmalia over McLintocks or Jocko's. Hope this helps! Drive safely.
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 02:01 PM

Kim, for the most part we aren't wowed by the restaurant choices in Pismo either. For nice dinner spots, we head for downtown SLO, Paso Robles, or Cambria.

Steamers has wonderful views, but we've found the food to be hit or miss (especially at dinner.) We usually go there for lunch - easy to get a booth overlooking the ocean, cheaper prices, and their salads and sandwiches are fairly good.

Our favorite Pismo Beach nice dinner spot is Giuseppe's on Price Street. No view, but the food is well prepared. My husband loves the ribeye, and I've always enjoyed their seafood dishes. You can see their menu at www.giuseppesrestaurant.com

Another option is to go up the road just a little ways to Avila Beach and check out the Custom House. They have changing weekly dinner specials which are generally good.
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 07:58 PM

Heavens, I love Splash. Their creamy clam chowder isn't on my "food radar," due to cholesterol issues , but I adore the mussels. Wish I were there right now! Hey! Howcome there's no fish "smiley"?