Reload this Page >

staying in ogunquit in october

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 09:37 AM
carol

we will be in maine in mid october and would like some hotel/inn recommendations. i have heard that hartwell house is very nice and well located. any other suggestions?

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 10:16 AM
Beth

You might want to research The Captain Jefferds Inn or The Colony in Kennebunkport, also The Tides Inn on Goose Rocks Beach. The only thing I have personal knowledge of and can recomment in Ogunquit is The Spar Hawk Inn - which is a lovely family-oriented motel.

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 11:49 AM
mimi taylor

As I live in Boston I only make a day trip so I can'y recommend where to stay but-one of the best restaurants in New England is right there: ARROWS, also for a live jazz lunch on sudays, the HURRICANE, great ocean view...recommend reservations at both.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 04:09 AM
T.M.

I was in Ogunquit on Memorial Day weekend last year and stayed at the Above Tide Inn, which is right on the water. They offer a simple snack-type breakfast as well (fresh muffins, coffee cake, juice). If your room is in the main house, you can eat on the water on the deck. I was there by myself and the owners made dinner reservations for me one night at a great place.

You can walk to everything (Marginal Way, beach, shops) easily from there, which is what I really liked. It's not super fancy but it was clean, neat and well situated. You can check it out at www.abovetideinn.com.

Happy travels!

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 05:39 AM
mjmelnik

We stayed at the Cliff House for New Year's a few years ago -- it was absolutely wonderful.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 02:27 PM
frances

I second the recommendation for the Cliff House - wonderful place and great ocean views

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 02:39 PM
Mainah

Hi, If it's still open then, the Nellie Littlefield House is wonderful!!