Reload this Page >

Statue of Liberty still closed, but ...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 11:27 AM
rqf

The Statue and Ellis Island are still closed but Circle Line has begun, effective today, a one hour harbor cruise of the bay leaving from Battery Park. A highlight will be a close up view of the Statue. Cost is $10 an adult and $4 for children. Sailings are every 90 minutes beginning at 9am. The Staten Island ferry also provides views of the Statue and that is free.
The difference - SI ferry runs on a straight line from city to SI. Circle Line is a narrated tour and it explores the lower Hudson, lower East River and the harbor and provides close up views of both Ellis and
Statue/

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 12:12 PM
heyrfq

Thanks,
Does that take off from Castle Clinton? Or nearby?

Are you still posting on rec.travel.usa-canada?

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 03:05 PM
Boots

Does the ferry still stop at Ellis Island though? My family (2 adults, 3 preteens) all thought that was a fascinating place and spent hours there. We also went to the Statue of Liberty and it was very nice, but we could have been fine just seeing it from a boat.

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 04:26 PM
RQF

Every now and then post on rec.travel.usa-canada. Don't like the 7 hour delay for a reply to be posted.

Tickets would be purchased at Castle Clinton and the boat departs from the same place it did in the past.

The one hour Circle Line excursion will not stop at either the Statue or Ellis.
It will, however, get as close as possible to provide relatively up close viewing.

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 07:01 PM
Carla

Does the 1 hour Circle Line tour provide a view of the WTC ground zero? Yes, I know it sounds morbid but I would like to see it without getting in the way.