Reload this Page >

Stanley Park vs. Central Park

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2000, 04:05 PM
Dave

Is there any comparison? I grew up in NY and spent many days in Central Park, drinking up all that THE oasis had to offer.
However, isn't Stanley Park in Vancouver the REAL deal when it comes to urban parks?
It's the biggest on the continent, and even in a typical NW rainshower a walk through this gem is considered an area highlight.
Enormous trees, numerous duck ponds, a 2 mile beachfront path for walking, cycling, skating. also--a world-class aquarium, which has native killer whales on display.

well, i might see for myself this summer if i can squeeze in a day trip from Washington.
For those who've been to both, please share your opinions. thanks

Old Jun 26th, 2000, 05:43 PM
John

Hey Dave:

As a jogger in Central Park I guess I am a bit biased on the quality of that park. I think the contrast of the "Bustling NYC Streetlife" against the urban relief of Central Park makes that park very special BUT...I must admit that Stanley Park was beautiful on he one and only time I was there. That whole Vancouver region (sea to ski hwy, ocean, Whistler is one awsome area!!

JOHN