Reload this Page >

St Pete Beach - Trade Winds resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 11:14 AM
Mike

Looking for a vacation location for family with 4 kids. Tradewinds resort looks like a good fit for my family. Of the three resorts on the property, Sandpiper seems considerably less expensive than the Island Grand. Given that we would have access to all 3 properties, what exactly am I giving up by staying at the Sandpiper? How easy a walk is it between properties? Any advice would be appreciated

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 04:36 AM
x

ttt

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 08:23 AM
Kathy

My husband and I stayed in a very nice room at the Sandpiper. I was only a 5-minute walk on the beach, at the most, to the Island Grand so we didn't feel like we missed out on anything.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 12:10 PM
rr

Stay at the sandpiper, we stayed at the sirata, all the same amenities but less expensive, and it looked very nice also

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 07:30 AM
Sandy

We stayed at the Sirata last April and really enjoyed it. All three resorts were fairly close. You can take the shuttle bus if you have little ones. We had a view of the bay with putt putt golf directly across the street. Beautiful sunrises and sunsets at this resort. Lots of restaurants and shopping in the area. We took to 15 yr old girls who had a great time. Great for families.

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 12:23 PM
linda

Mike,
We took kids (8 and 12) there in July. I would have preferred the Sirata over the Sandpiper, but we had a good deal there. It was a bit worn and not quiet at all, but my kids loved the beach and the whole area. Don't miss Busch Gardens- book online and get express tickets and 10 % off.

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 09:52 AM
sexychic

stay at the tradewinds... my best friends stay there every year.. it is very affordable, right on the beach with a great view. would never consider staying anywhere else at st pete!