St. Louis hotel with kids

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Louis hotel with kids

I've been researching St. Louis hotels for a few weeks now. Any thoughts on Homewood Suites Galleria? It gets great reviews online, so I'm not worried about the hotel itself. But it is in a good location with kids? Dining within walking distance? Easy to get to the zoo, Arch, City Museum, etc?

I was initially going with a Drury hotel, but we can get a suite at Homewood for the same price and I really like having a separate room to get away from the kids for a while
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

I know I have the other thread going, but I didn't want my specific hotel question to get lost...thanks!
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 07:46 PM

You'll have quite a few dining choices at the Galleria, across Brentwood Blvd. The food court is pretty good if you want to spend a little less than a restaurant.

Next to the hotel is An office building, University Club Tower. On the first floor is arestaurant I really like, Blue Sky Tower Grill http://www.blueskymartini.com/locations/towergrill
A good non-chain option.

Just south of the Tower is a shopping complex called The Blvd http://theboulevard.com/index.php
PF Changs and Maggianos are there.
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 04:00 AM

If I were you, I'd consider the Hampton Inn at Forest Park. While it's not near the arch, it's practically IN the zoo! Simply a great area for both children and adults.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Missouri.html
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 04:43 AM

http://www.hotelplanner.com/Hotels/1...shighway-63108

We stayed here (Chase/Park Plaza) we went to ST. Louis for opening day at the ballpark this year. My son in law booked the room (suite) and it wasn't very expensive. I think we payed $120/night, thru some website.

It is in a really cool area where there are lots of restaurants and across from the park.
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 07:38 AM

nanabee - Wow, that's a shockingly low price for a room at Chase Park Plaza!!! We haven't stayed there in years, but we had a friend who lived there while waiting for lung transplants. It was quite beautiful, and as you say, in a GREAT location!
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 08:44 AM

But the OP wants a suite.
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Original Poster

Susan - I have a room booked at the Hampton..thanks!

I also have one at the Residence Inn Galleria.

The Homewood Suites is more than the other members of my party want to spend.

So I'll hold onto the two rooms I have and let the inlaws and brother in law decide. It's gonna be tough. BIL wants the Marriott since it's cheaper at $104/night. Inlaws want the Hampton since they have enough points for a free room. We may just have to split up!
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 06:48 AM

PeaceOut - the times we stayed at the Chase Park Plaza, the room(s) we had were suites. I'm not sure what the configuration of the hotel is now, but at that time, there were lots of rooms/suites dedicated to people who were in St. Louis for out-patient treatment, or (like our friend) waiting for organ transplants. That's the reason I advocated it so strongly.