Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

St. Louis hotel for tomorrow night (Sep 28) - where? priceline?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found out a couple hours ago that I have to fly to STL for business tomorrow. I'll have a car (business is about 2 hours from STL), and will arrive back in town probably mid- to late afternoon tomorrow, stay the night, then fly out at 7:45 the next morning.

I've read priceline hotel lists and checked rates at the airport hotels - generally around $130-$150. I'd like something cheaper, but will weigh the options after I know more.

I'm thinking I'd like to stay by the airport since my flight is so early, but hotel options there seem less than spectacular for such a high price.

Any suggestions on which areas to stay (priceline or hotwire), or other hotels that might be an option. I don't need fancy, just reasonably nice. I'll probably spend Thursday evening doing something touristy in St. Louis, since I've neer been.

I'll continue to search, but hope someone who knows more can offer insight since I don't have much time. Thanks!
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Original Poster

A quick addition - I do see on hotwire a 3.5* in the airport zone (probably the hilton, not getting very good reviews) for $53. Also a 3.5* downtown customer favorite (maybe the sheraton?) for $54. Just having a hard time deciphering options.

How long would the drive from downtown to the airport be that early in the morning? And what about cost of downtown parking?
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 04:31 PM

We got a great rate downtown on Priceline. Have you looked at the options on biddingfortravel.com? It's a great resource. I'd guess downtown or Union Station for hotels, but I'm no STL expert. Maybe someone else is...
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Original Poster

I'm looking at all the options for priceline, but would love expert advice as well.

I know downtown would be preferrable for a pleasure visit, but with one night and an early flight, not sure. Also not sure if there are any decent hotels in the airport area (through priceline or not).
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 04:39 PM

We got the new Hilton downtown using Hotwire.
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Original Poster

Well, I've got the LaQuinta by the airport booked right now. If I have time, I'll check here tomorrow to see if there's more advice (the reservation is cancellable), but I'm counting on it being fine, and convenient to the airport.