Reload this Page >

Sports Venues that can't be missed

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 11:35 AM
ronny

I am a sportsaholic, and have seen several great games in great venues. I want to know what I shouldn't miss. I am a traditionalist, so I don't go somewhere just to see a new team in a brand new stadium. My favorites so far:
1. Cubs at Wrigley Field
2. Rangers (hockey) at Madison Sq Garden
3. Bears at Soldier Field
4. Packers at Lambeau

Any others?

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 11:40 AM
bm

Without a doubt: The Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 11:48 AM
ryan

The Yankees at Yankee Stadium.

The Giants at PacBell Park. Even though it is new, it is a great place to watch a game. It does have a "classic" feel it.

Camden Yards is also a nice place to see a game.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Beantown Bomber

It's worth repeating: Fenway Park, Boston.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Melissa

Indians at Jacobs Field. But, if you are not from Cleveland, I suppose Fenway is good, also...

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 01:50 PM
rick

While Detroit can be a lame city to visit, seeing a Red Wings game with the home crowd is a fun experience.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Kathy

The Buffalo Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium, previously known as Rich Stadium. Well, maybe not the current edition of the Bills, but during the late 80's and early 90's there was no better place to watch a game.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 02:42 PM
kal

Arco Arena, home of the NBA's
Sacto Kings for some good ol' ARCO THUNDERRRRRRRRRR!

My ears still hurt and I haven't had season tics for over 4 yrs now!

Non-traditional "stadium", but just the whole "event" of an NFL football game at the Superdome in New Orleans is a blast!

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 03:00 PM
Ronald

Non-partial fan here, I live in Minnesota and we sadly watch baseball indoors. But..................

I second Wrigley. No better place to catch a game. Also, as much as I can't stand Packer fans, Lambeau is a great place to watch football.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 05:48 PM
John

Well, as a NWerner I have to say Safeco Field on a long summer night is pretty special - sit at the Hit It Here cafe with Ichiro patrolling "Area 51" (his number and where UFOs vanish) below. It's a new park but (like PacBell or the Jake) breaking in nicely.

But for old and loud and magical, watching a Ducks hoops game at MacArthur Court (aka the pit) in Eugene is a not-to-be-missed event. You are RIGHT THERE...LOOK OUT.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 06:43 PM
eman

Another vote for Fenway. It's got to be seen before it's gone.
I'll buy you a Fenway Frank

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 05:03 AM
blahblah

Ronny, if your are a sportsaholic, then you gotta take in a Buffalo Bills game at Ralph Wilson Stadium (old Rich Stadium). We're talking sun, rain, or snow, the gritty, yet hearty fans love the game and the tail gate parties carry on whether it's a warm fall day or a cold snowy one. Forget those lame, climate controlled, covered stadiums. Real football is played outdoors.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 05:17 AM
sandy

Fenway Park, Fenway Park and Fenway Park!

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 05:22 AM
ang

CAMDEN YARDS!!!! in Baltimore, a real "ballpark" Don't know if you could consider this is sports but I do, I am from Kentucky and have to say there is no place like CHURCH HILL DOWNS and the Kentucky Derby. I was also very impresses with Texas Stadium in Dallas , but maybe that is just because I am a huge Cowboys fan. LOL

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 05:44 AM
ronny

I have been to Texas Stadium, and it is just another stadium for an outsider. But Churchill Downs..... that is a nice, out-of-the-box suggestion.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 06:05 AM
ar

Soldier Field, Wrigley, Indy Speedway, Daytona.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 07:00 AM
John

#1: your kids first soccer or baseball game
#2: Fenway Park, in the Bleachers

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 07:20 AM
Dick

The number one answer is, of course, Fewnay Park. See it before it goes the way of the Garden.

Am I the only one that likes the stadium/ballpark names BEFORE naming rights were sold to big corportaions?

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 08:13 AM
al

Fenway Park and Wrigley Field are the real deal. Camden Yards is o.k., but it's a throwback to the days when ballparks were like Fenway and Wrigley. Yankee Stadium is the real deal too, huge and cavernous, beautiful architecture, a true classic. Indianapolis Motor Speedway is another must see, as is Churchill Downs for the Kentucky Derby.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 08:15 AM
Howard

Another strong vote for Fenway Park.
Also, Yankee Stadium for its rich tradition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -