Spirit airlines- any experiences?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are thinking about Spirit Airlines from LaGuardia in NYC to San Juan Puerto Rico, travel dates Saturday to Sunday in May.
Is this a reliable airline? OK to consider booking? I appreciate anyone's information.
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 01:56 PM

I have flown them. They are no frills and the price is right. I had no problems, but other people may have. There was another thread on here recently about them. Do a search and you will see the responses.
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 01:57 PM

I have used Spirit 3x since Oct 03 with great success - it used to be a nightmare to fly out of DTW - however, since Northwest left the old terminal there are tons of gates for these low-price flyers to use, which is making flights much more effecient.

I have never had a problem on these past 3 flights - the prices are so good out of dtw that i can't pass them up - my hubby and I are leaving 1/31 for W. Palm for round trip fare of $313 (that's for BOTH tix)
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Ani

I've flown them once, and my only complaint (albeit a big one) was the condition of the plane. It was soooo dirty. I seriously sat with my arms tucked into my sides with my hands in my lap b/c I couldn't bear to touch anything around me...old gum on seats and floor, etc....eww.
I did write to them to let them know of my experience and they sent me a coupon for $100.00 to be used on a future flight, which I thought was very generous. Sadly, they don't fly much in my area so I was unable to take advantage of the coupon otherwise I probably would have flown them again.
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 02:31 PM

we fly them from DEN to LGA. No complaints whatsoever.