Reload this Page >

Spiagga or Rosebud Restaurant

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7th, 1999, 10:56 AM
Mary

Am going to be in Chicago for a few days at end of October. If you had to choose between eating at Spiaggia and Rosebud Cafe, which would you choose?--Only have time for one and both came highly recommended. Any advice welcomed.

Old Oct 7th, 1999, 11:46 AM
marilyn

Spiagga hands down: much better food, atmosphere, service, etc. For some reason Rosebud seems to get celebrity visitors, but I personally think their food is mediocre, whereas Spiagga has one of the best chefs in town

Old Oct 7th, 1999, 06:32 PM
roger

Hate to sound 'out of the loop' but I wasn't overly impressed with Spiaggia. Could've been the dishes I chose, certainly. Perhaps my expectations were too high as well. Atmosphere is nice.

Old Oct 11th, 1999, 10:01 AM
KTK

Try Rosebud. Just delicious!!! I recommend it.

Old Oct 11th, 1999, 10:30 AM
cleo

I live in Chicago -- go with Spiaggia but be reminded it is much more expensive. Rosebud is good but there are so many better places. Have fun!

Old Oct 11th, 1999, 10:48 AM
sabrina

As Charles Foster Kane once said: Rosebud. You'll really enjoy it.

Old Oct 11th, 1999, 06:40 PM
bertie

Guess the choice is obvious...Spiaggia 3, Rosebud 3...back to square one!

Old Oct 12th, 1999, 07:33 AM
Lara

Rosebud is nothing special. Lots of better restaurants.

I would definitely go to Spiaggia. Spiaggia has the restaurant and the less-dressy cafe--the restaurant has the great view.

Old Oct 12th, 1999, 08:11 AM
Frank

Spiaggia is the first restaurant I've encountered where the waiter stated that the menu was constructed with the idea that guests should order something from each course. I took that to mean the portions were small, and I was right. Although portions are small, prices are not. I was not impressed.

Old Oct 12th, 1999, 06:35 PM
carmel

I'll echo Frank's comments. I was put off by the attitude of the waitstaff, didn't like the portions, wasn't overwhelmed with my food and thought the cost was out of line with the product compared to the competition in Chicago. One nay vote here.

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 06:29 AM
T.J.

Rosebud is mediocre at best; Spiaggia is very good but VERY pricey. Try Francesca's on Taylor, just a few doors from Rosebud.