Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Spa/massages at the Princeville resort vs other resorts...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why is the price of massages at the Princeville soooo much less expensive then at the Grand Wailea and Hotel Hana Maui?

The Princeville is about $95, GW is abotu $145 and Hotel Hana Maui is about $125
(these are estimations)

I will be staying at all 3 resorts, and I don't mind paying more for a massage if it is much better, but is the Princeville spa just as good? or would the massage/experience be much better at the Grand Wailea or Hotel Hana Maui...

anyone have experience with massages at these, or any of these resorts?

Old Aug 11th, 2004, 07:32 PM

The Princeville Spa isn't at the hotel -- they will shuttle you (free) to the facility at the Prince Golf Course.

I've seen spas at many resorts and (even though I live here and love just about everything about Princeville), this one isn't exactly "resort". More "upscale beauty salon" in style. All the massage therapists are licensed, professional and very experienced. You'll get excellent treatment -- and save some $$$ in the process. 8-)
Old Aug 12th, 2004, 01:02 PM

If you do mind driving to the south shore you could visit the Anara Spa at the Hyatt for a nice treat. anaraspa.com
-Bill
Old Aug 12th, 2004, 01:03 PM

oops...do mind should be don't mind.
Old Aug 12th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

i think I'll wait til Hotel Hana Maui and teh Grand Wailea, no point in having to drive 45 min or so to a spa when I can have the convnience of it right at the resort.
Massages should be hassle free and relaxing...

Thanks auntiemaria, sounds like the Princeville would be okay, but they also offer beachside cabana massages, so maybe I'd do that, although I know I'll probably just wait til I get to Hana or the GW

thanks, atleast I know the scoop now !
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 11:40 AM

Was thinking about a massage at the Prince Hotel in Waikiki as well. Trying to do some research and couldn't find much information on the Yamano Day Spa and Salon, but I did see that it was on the first floor of the property? Or am I wrong about that?

Any additional info on this spa?
http://www.beautytop-yamano.com/hawaii/
found the web site, but can't read japanese. thanks!
Thanks!
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 03:18 PM

Appletea,
I've had massages at the Prince hotel in Waikiki. The masseuses were great and very polite. If you stay at the Prince, you get a discount, I believe 10%. I enjoyed my massages there. Having said that, I need to tell you that it is not like large like a spa at resorts. I don't think they have wet/dry saunas, but I could be wrong. Their massage rooms are small and are in the back of the salon. If you are in the first room, you can hear the blow drying, etc. However, they have lockers and provide disposable panties for ladies during massage sessions. After the session, the masseuse wipes you with hot towels, which I didn't experience at the Westin, Hilton, nor Marriott.
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 05:09 PM

Thanks Hanalei for the response! We will be staying there so I think we will probably just do it!
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 02:50 PM

Appletea, I have the pamphlet from Yamano day spa from 2003. If you would like to get an idea of pricing, I can send it to you. Let me know if you want it.
Hanalei.