Reload this Page >

Southern Plantations as accomodations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 11:17 AM
laurie

Limiting the region to Virginia, NC, SC, and Tennessee, does anyone know of a plantation/antebellum home that offers hotel accomodations/B&B?

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 11:22 AM
Gwen

Not sure exactly what you want, but there's a place called the Inn at Blackberry Farm in Walland TN which is always rated one of the top inns in the US. Very expensive, but apparently memorable.
On an 1100 acre estate in the Great Smoky Mtns.
Website is www.blackberryfarm.com

Room photos are very impressive.

Let me know if you go. I've always wanted to visit but haven't had the chance!

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 11:51 AM
Gretchen

Litchfield Plantation (not Litchfield by the Sea or Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort) is available. It is absolutely gorgeous--restaurant on premise as well as in the area of the finest dining on the SC coast. All the golf courses you could want and it has a beach house annex on the Pawley's Island beach.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 11:54 AM
ddd

There are four plantation homes among the James River Plantations that offer B&B accommodations: Belle Air, Piney Grove, North Bend and Edgewood. All are located on or near historic Route 5 between Williamsburg and Richmond. More info and contact data at:
www.jamesriverplantations.org

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 12:19 PM
xxx

Litchfield Plantation. A real plantation instead of a resort with the name "plantation" tacked on. Stayed there 6 months ago and it is gorgeous! Restaurant is very good also.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 05:00 PM
JoyinVirginia

I live fairly close to the James River Plantations area in Charles City County, VA, and I know the couple who own North Bend Plantation. (My youngest is in school with one of their grandkids) VERY NICE people, great food, secluded location but the drive to Richmond or Williamsburg isn't too bad (about 45 minutes in either direction). plus they have a swimming pool out back if you will visit in warm months. North Bend is a working farm and has been in the same family for 100+ years. I think their website is www.northbendplantation.com

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:12 AM
jill

Litchfield Plantation is absolutely lovely! We took advantage of the beach house and walked the beach for miles, great meals in converted coach house, and great room with every amenity.