Reload this Page >

South Florida Experts' Help Needed!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 05:52 AM
Hanna

South Florida experts, we need your help please! We live in the Washington D.C. area and my husband has a 5-day business trip to Miami in early February 2002. All of his events are being held at the Hilton Fountainbleu, and he’s supposed to stay there as well, with a company-assigned roommate (I know, I know). Since spouses are not "officially" included and as we would like for me to come along on the trip as a mid-winter vacation, we were thinking about renting a condo near the Fountainbleu. Preferably, it should be within walking distance from the hotel or a short drive and (hopefully) on the water or with a water view. It must definitely be clean! Also, I’m looking for suggestions for things to do during the day while my husband is occupied with meetings. I don’t have to be limited to the Fountainbleu area since we’ll have a rental car. Any suggestions are welcome!

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 06:50 AM
J T Kirk

Drive down to Coconut Grove (nice retaurants, art galleries, shopping). Head over to the Everglades. Check out South Beach and do breakfast at the Newstand.

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 06:59 AM
paul

Go to Lincoln Road Mall at 17th street near Collins Ave(you are about 40th and Collins). Its an outside pedestrian mall with unique shops and great restaurants. From there, its a short walk to the center of South Beach.

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 01:14 AM
Andy

Call Seacoast Towers rental office in Miami Beach or the Carriage House Rental Office in Miami Beach--these are 2 VERY upscale condo/rentals--if you are looking for a week rental- I don't know if they'll do one for that short a stay--but hey,it's worth a shot.
Both are right down the block from the Fountainbleau--( I used to live in Fla)..you next alternative is to get a room in South Beach ( book now for cheap rates) and let your hubs drive down to see you. THere's a ton of stuff to do in South beach during the day while he's in meetings-Lincoln Road Mall,shopping on South Beach, THE BEACH right across the street (it's huge),Viscaya Museum (you'll need a car to get to this),drive down to Coconut Grove, Bal Harbor Shopping Center-further up Collins Ave. around 80th st. (again you'll need car for this),deep sea fishing ( up around 163rd st and Collins)--need anymore info?

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 04:27 AM
Jen Ratta

Try not to miss the Venetian Pool in Coconut Grove. It's a really beautiful way to spend an afternoon!!

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 04:29 AM
Jen Ratta

Please forgive me - Venetian Pool is in Coral Gables.