Reload this Page >

South Carolina: Looking for Oceanfront Resort/Condo Near Golf School

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2001, 06:36 PM
Samantha

Hi! We are planning a trip to South Carolina for mid-May. Looking for oceanfront resort
or condo close to golf school & airport.
Any suggestions?

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 03:48 AM
Eva

Don't know if they have a golf school (but can't imagine they wouldn't), but Kiawah Island has 4 golf courses on the island, and one just outside the gates. Miles and miles of spectacular ocean beachfront and a wide range of accomodations, including a hotel, condos, villas and houses. Kiawah is an easy 30 minute drive from Charleston's airport -- just got back myself from a long tennis weekend there, so I know whereof I speak. Also, next to Kiawah is Seabrook Island, a smaller resort island with 2 golf courses and similar amenities. I recommend both highly.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 09:30 AM
ME

HELLLLLOOOO....HILTON HEAD IS GOLF ISLAND! THERE ARE TONS OF GOLF COURSES/ SCHOOLS/ THE JUNIOR LEAGUERS GO THERE EVERY YEAR. THE HILTON HEAD AIRPORT IS MID ISLAND AND YOU CAN TAXI ANY WHERE YOU NEED TO GO OR FLY INTO SAVANNAH, ABOUT 40 DOLLAR CAB RIDE ONTO ISLAND.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 12:22 PM
maggie

We are going to Hilton Head the first week in June. WE are staying at a condo in Palmetto Estates. I am curious as to whether or not alligators frequent these areas...I know this is a really wierd question but every now and again I see an 'alligator' pic on a website and it's usually one on a golf course....as we will be having our daughter and her friend with us, I am quite wary about them walking alone along the walkways to the beach area (they are both 21) ...any info would be appreciated.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 01:19 PM
OliveOyl

The alligators that get a couple of 21 year olds headed down the path to the beach will be the two legged variety, not 4! Just tell them to run a zig-zag course though, and they'll be fine. And don't carry marshmallows.

They are there. The odd one, *very* odd, has been known to be aggressive, but they won't stray far from their lagoons. Most people consider themselves lucky to be able to spot one! In short...don't worry!!