South Beach Miami jeans?

Old Nov 4th, 2003, 05:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
South Beach Miami jeans?

Is it cool to wear funky jeans in South Beach clubs? I am staying at the Loewes and I love to wear low slung jeans, high heals, and funky little top. Would that work down there or should I look for other attire?
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 08:06 PM

You should be just fine if you're young and cute. The concierge at the Loews can tell you if low-rise jeans, high heels and funky tops are fine in the better clubs. You can get into the skankier clubs like Clevelander, Mango's or Club Deuce dressed like that (or, preferably, even sluttier). I would plan on bringing a classy little dress or two just in case you want to get into one of the classy clubs (Sky Bar, B.E.D., Tantra, Opium Garden, Nobu, Rose Bar).
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 08:06 AM
GoTravel

Yes you can but your clothes better be hip. You jeans had better be Cloe, Seven, or Earl, your top Juicy or Chanel, and you stilletos Choo or Manolo. It has worked for me as I often go out in South Beach in jeans.

Don't even think of trying to pass off Nine West or Gap. I don't know how but those doormen KNOW!

Old Nov 5th, 2003, 09:00 AM
Original Poster

Cool! I love seven and juicy and choo even better!
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 09:55 AM
GoTravel

If you want really hip, take an old denim skirt, cut off the waistband and chop off the bottom to mini length and wash is until if frays like hell.

Also, the Chanel pleated mini is showing up a lot.

Old Nov 5th, 2003, 11:30 AM
Original Poster

I like the skirt thing I have a couple like that! I am thinking fishnets might complete or is SOBE a place that no hose should be worn? I am fair skinned!
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 11:54 AM

Fishnets...? You're going to South Beach-- I think the look you should be going for is "young and fresh with disposable income", not "hagged-out hooker looking for new pimp". Do yourself a favor and check out the look of clubgoers photographed on these websites:

www.southbeach-usa.com

www.cooljunkie.com/default.html

What do you think, GoTravel?
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 12:12 PM
GoTravel

rjw, sorry but on this one you are having a hard time. Flip open Vogue and you'll find them all over the place. However, these ain't your grannys fishnets, they are very large patterned with no seem up the back.

Fishnets, go for it. Hose? Absolutely not. Miami is a bare legged place.

rjw, as for the fishnets, check out some of the liquor ads in Maxime.

Old Nov 5th, 2003, 12:15 PM

I dunno-- I guess it's personal preference. I hate them 100% of the time. A pretty woman with good legs can go barelegged or with super-sheer hose, and I love it. Fishnets make me think "$2 Hollywood parking lot hooker", even if Naomi Campbell is photographed wearing them....
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 12:18 PM

However, Go, I suppose time marches on. And I guess fishnets coming back was inevitable, and not just in Pittsburgh cocktail lounges and drag queen pageants....
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 12:21 PM
GoTravel

God Bless 'em Drag Queens do it first and do it best!

Old Nov 5th, 2003, 12:28 PM

I am mad for fishnets on a fabulous pair of gams!
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 03:34 PM
Original Poster

Drag queens LOL! Fishnets are all over vougue
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 06:23 PM

WOW- I was certain by this time someone would have posted "get a life" to this!!
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 06:33 PM
GoTravel

welch, why would you think someone would post get a life? OP wanted to know if she could wear jeans to clubs.

Old Nov 6th, 2003, 04:12 AM
Original Poster

When one is on vacation it is fun to think of the more trivial things in life. To me that is what going "on vacation" means. Thanks so much for your answers everybody!
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 09:11 AM

I think your going to look way out of place at Loewes dressed like that. Bottom line though you can get away with anything hip on Sobe....but you will definately look like a college kid on vaca at most of the high end clubs dressed like that.
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

Ok give me ideas please!
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

I adore dressing up and the fashion scene so I am into this but it has been seven years since I have hit Miami at all. Thanks so much.
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 11:13 AM

If you have not been to Miami in 7 years, you are in for a heck of a shock!

The chages just in the last 3 years have been remarkable!

South Beach has turned into a mini Manhatten/Grenwich village. The affluence there is driving the upscale restaurants and shops. Lincoln Rd is totally revitalized and now is THE place to be.

Lowes is very nice...you will love it, Emiral Lagassi just opened a restaraunt at Lowes. I was there the other night and it was fabulous...Emiral was in the kitchen yelling out orders, and you could see him from your table.

Bottom line....bring your cute little outfit....you can wear it plenty of places and you will look great....that is the beauty of Sobe....there is a bit of everythig. But along with that cute outfit DEFINATELY bring a little black dress, and you will look great anywhere.

The city is so alive with fun again, and it is such a mosaic of Latin, New Yorkers (love basic black), European, and Carribean...there is lots of color and falvor in style.

I think you will also love to go to the bar at the China Grill, very loud and fun with the upscale Sobe crowd. your jean outfit will probably be best worn at Nikki beach bar where the crowd is a little of everything

You are going to have a blast, sounds like you know how to have fun.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -