Search

South Beach Hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 1999, 04:51 PM
Linda

South Beach Hotels?

Are there any decent,reasonably priced, hotels in South Beach? (Can't afford the $400 a night mentioned elsewhere!)We have been thinking of heading over for a couple of days from Fort Myers to check out the restored art deco hotels.

Old Sep 28th, 1999, 06:00 PM
howard

There are plenty of hotels right on the beach that'll cost you far, far less than $400--in fact, less than half that amount. We stayed at the Leslie (one of the five original restored Art Deco hotels)a couple years ago in its busy season and it cost far last than $200. It's right on the beach in the heart of South Beach. 305-531-8800.

Old Sep 28th, 1999, 10:31 PM
Laurie

We will be in South Beach Oct1 for the first time. We are staying at the Park Central Hotel on Ocean Drive,right in the heart of the Art Deco section.We got a package deal so I'm not sure of the exact price of the room but for the money we paid it seems like a grest hotel If you want I'll let you know how it is, just e-mail me and let me know

Old Sep 29th, 1999, 07:58 AM
howard

Forgot to mention in my previous post about how we got our room. It was through the South Florida Hotel Network (1-800-538-3616). We called and told them we wanted to stay in South Beach and gave the dates. They told us what was available. We were very satisfied!

Old Sep 29th, 1999, 09:01 AM
Chris

Check out The Cadet. One block from The Delano at $60/night it's a steal. It's art deco, clean, & safe. You can (& should)go over to The Delano & have a cocktail at the bar & wander out back to lounge by the infinity pool. You get the "beautiful people" experience, at the butt ugly price(which is beautiful). Have fun!

Old Sep 29th, 1999, 01:57 PM
jayne

We stayed at the Essex House last April and loved it. Art deco, beautiful decor, in the heart of South Beach, but one block from Ocean Drive, so it's a bit less noisy at night. I believe it was around $145 a night, quite luxurious by our standards and very convenient tothe beach and other attractions.