Notices

South Beach honeymoon selections

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 08:02 AM
Lou

South Beach honeymoon selections

Hello everyone, I am getting married in July 2002 and thanks to some of the great feedback on this site, my fiance and I have booked the second half of our honey moon at Little Dix Bay in Virgin Gorda. We are now in the process of booking the first half in South Beach since this is where we got engaged. We are having a little trouble deciding which hotel to stay at for at least 5 nights. The Tides is our first choice but it is a little too steep for our pockets. Has anyone had any experiences at any of the following hotels :

Casa Grande, Impala, The Marlin or The Abbey.

Are there any other hotels that I should consider besides the four listed above?
Thanks in advance for your responses,
Lou

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 12:31 PM
Graziella

I woudld stay at the Impala, because it is a charming small hotel, and because it is not on Ocean Drive , the noise there is tooooo muuuuch....
Good luck ...

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 10:00 PM
Bonnie

Try the Roney Palace. It was completely re-done and my daughter and her friends stayed there and she's still talking about it. I think it was a condo project that is also a hotel. Marble (or granite?)everywhere.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 07:43 AM
sharona

Hi Lou. My husband and I stayed at the Impala for 4 days a couple of years ago. It is wonderful! Assuming you don't need to be on the beach I would definitely recommend this hotel. It is charming, very European and quiet. And the staff is so accommodating, helpful and friendly. They got us into one of the hot nightclubs on Saturday night (one where if your name isn't on the list you stand in line for a long time waiting to get in) and arranged a limo for airport transportation. The hotel is also in a great location where virtually everything is within walking distance. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit.

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 10:45 AM
Jon

Given the choice Tides or Marlin I would spend the money on the Tides and live it up.

We did not stay at the Tides but visited it to use the Pool and it is simply wonderful.

The Marlin is expensive the rooms small and unless you are a rock chick then be prepared to be ignored.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 01:05 PM
Lou

Thanks for the advice.

we actually just spent the last 5 days in South Beach and we made sure that we spent some time looking at the hotels mentioned on our list. When we thought we were done we were about 60% sure we wanted to stay at The Impala. We also liked The Casa Grande.

While we were walking down Ocean Drive trying to decide we came across the Cardozo. The last time we were down there it was closed but seemed to be up and running now. We decided to walk in and give it a look since we were there. When all was said and done we were 110% sure that we wanted to stay at the Cardozo. The rooms were beautiful and the staff made us feel like they had known us for years, even though we were only there to see the rooms (we actually had to see the rooms twice to decide which type of room we wanted to book). We didn't get that strong of a vibe from any of the other hotels athough they were all very nice and the staff at The Impala and Casa Grande were great as well. It was just that feeling we both had when we were in the hotel. We just had to take one look at each other and we knew that our minds were made up.

Thanks again for the advice.