Reload this Page >

SOS-need immediate help for Key West !

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 09:22 PM
nothong please

Please help-we have got a chance to go to the Florida Keys(never been) and there is actually availability!!!!! My question is: has anyone heard of Center Court Hideaways and is it in a decent section of town? Is it possible to do the Keys in 4 days if you had to-including drive time from Miami? Or would you try and stay more near Islamorada area or Key Largo? If we cannot get a flight into Miami,is Fort Lauderdale too ridiculous to consider?I quess what I am asking for is a cliff note version of the keys for a 3 day trip? Thanks everyone-I need to let the place know asap!

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 09:36 PM
frankie

I don't know the answers to your other questions but, you could see everything in Key West in 1 day if you had to.

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 10:37 PM
nothong please

Thanks Frankie for the tip? Anyone else that can help? thanks-

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 04:32 AM
grglnswsh

You can do as much or as little as you want but you can certainly see alot in just a few days. I think Center Court has several different places to stay on the island. What is the address they told you? As long as it is in "Old Town" you should be fine.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 04:50 AM
susan

Our first trip to Key West was just 4 days, and all it did was whet our appetite for more! Now when we go for two weeks it doesn't seem like enough.
The drive down from Miami will take about 4 hours, but you should still have time for a nice trip. I'd be curious to know the address of which property is available, too.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 05:06 AM
susan

In answer to your other question, many people prefer flying into Ft. Lauderdale rather than Miami when their destination is the keys. It'd only add about another 30 minutes to your drive down.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 06:35 AM

ttt

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 07:27 AM
Pamela

My BF and I went last summer to Key West. We flew into Ft. Lauderdale. The drive was long, but you should do it at least once in your life as it was interesting.

We got to Key West on Saturday night and left on Wednesday afternoon. Plenty of time there. We are not really into just laying around the pool so any longer and we would've been a bit bored.

Have a great time! I can't wait to go back.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 07:47 AM
J T Kirk

I usually fly into Ft Lauderdale v. Miami because Ft Lauderdale has a nicer airport. You don't have to walk as far to get through their airport as you do at Miami's. It is a long drive to Key West. I'm about to do it for about the 90th time in April, and I keep saying I'm going to fly directly into Key West instead of driving it. I always wind up driving it, however. I enjoy the scenery on the way. BUT, unless you REALLY want to go to Key West, why not stay at Islamorada? Check out the Moorings - great resort there, with a nice beach. And there are some nice restaurants in that area, plus you'll be a heck of a lot closer to Pennekamp State Park, which has wonderful snorkeling/diving trips. Key West has some wonderful restaurants (and nightlife, of course) and better shopping, but it is a drive. A LONG drive. If you want laid back, then stay at Islamorada. Both are tropical in flavor. Have fun.