Sonoma & San Francisco

Apr 20th, 2001, 01:19 PM
Teri

Sonoma & San Francisco

My husband & I are going on a business/anniversary trip to Sonoma California at the beginning of May. We are going without children - any great restaurants or "must sees or dos" in Sonoma, San Francisco, or near by places?

Apr 20th, 2001, 01:24 PM
Margaret

Besides the popular things in see in SF,I would recommend an interesting drive to Wine Country through the area just north like Muir Woods, Stinson Beach, and the nice drive up to Reyes Point Lighthouse. Try to end up at the lighthouse late in the afternoon since there is a lot of fog there in the mornings. There are many nice B&B's in the Napa Valley that might save you the drive back to SF after wine tasting.

Apr 21st, 2001, 10:58 AM
juli

For pure fun in SF, have a drink at sunset up at the Cliff House. If you're into food and wine, see if Fetzer vineyard is having a food & wine dinner at their main "campus" near Hopland.

Apr 22nd, 2001, 07:31 PM
gail

Just a note that the town of Sonoma is of course much smaller than Sonoma county. I am not sure I would choose to go all the way to Hopland. It is quite a jaunt!How long are you going and how far from Sonoma are you hoping to travel?

Apr 23rd, 2001, 10:32 AM
kam

Assuming that the poster means Sonoma County by "Sonoma", if you get near Healdburg the Madrona Manor is a top class hotel with a great dining room and wine list (we spent an anniversary there a couple years ago) John Ash & Co in Santa Rosa is very good. For lunch at a winery, go to the cafe at Chateau Souverain in the Russian River Valley. All kinds of great restaurants in SF--look at sfgate.com and you can book in advance at opentable.com or savvydiner.com. Don't wait until arrival if you want the most popular--they sometimes book a month ahead. Enjoy.

Search this Thread