Search

skiing Steamboat

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skiing Steamboat

We are planning a trip to Steamboat Springs, skiing(we are a family of 5 from SAfrica)Just want to know where are the best places to stay with small kids(3,8,10 Year olds)Do we need a car or can we use the shuttle as transport? We are looking for good childcare facilities as well.
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 01:36 PM

The thread called Family Ski seems to have a lot of information including info about Steamboat.
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 07:05 AM

You may also want to explore
"epic ski.com)
very usefull site
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 10:58 PM

There is an excellent shuttle service in Steamboat. Personally I prefer to stay at the Mountain although town is only about 10 minutes away.

http://www.steamboat.com/plan-vacation/family.aspx

Here is a link to Steamboat Family & kids. I am not sure if your kids ski or at what level. But Steamboat ski school will take children as young as 2. Several of their programs are for all day.

Are you looking for condo or hotel? Are you planning a lot of grocery shopping? Do you want day care for during the day or at night?
Old Nov 7th, 2007, 01:22 AM

schalkie, we stayed at the Torian Plum last January. They are condos, very comfortable but not cheap. I thought the Steamboat Grand Hotel looked rather good as well. The Torian is very well placed for skiing and they have a shuttle which we used all the time for visits to town, shopping and restaurants. We felt we didn't need a car at all. Steamboat is very well organised as a town/area for families. I would stay on the mountain don't stay in town proper.

Steamboat Springs have their own web page with lots of info on it. I can't help with the childcare situation, sorry. Are the children skiers? They have great ski programmes which also involve child care (I think) We hired our skis at the shops under/next to the Torian Plum and found we could ski from there to the base/lifts. At night you can leave your skis at the shop and then just walk 50ft to your room. Very easy indeed.

Schnauzer