Ski Honeymoon...but WHERE??

Old Aug 10th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Original Poster

Ski Honeymoon...but WHERE??

We are working on a possible ski honeymoon for Christmas/New Years....trying to decide now between Telluride and Jackson Hole.Any thoughts on these two resorts...I am also open to other seasoned suggestions.Thanks!
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 12:22 AM
GoTravel

I know this doesn't answer your question but have you thought about Europe? The deals are much better for the Alps than what it would cost you to ski out west.

Also, it just seems so darn romantic.

Old Aug 11th, 2003, 03:05 AM

Park City, Utah is very nice.
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 03:35 AM

I second GOTRAVEL's suggestion for Europe!
I can not think of a more romantic setting than Lech, Austria for the combination of Christmas and Honeymoon!

Ahhh the Alps!!!
JOHN
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 03:39 AM

I second GoTravel's recommendation. We switched to skiing Europe about five years ago and I wouldn't swap our annual March trip for a FREE week at any of the North American resorts. We've sampled Switzerland, Austria, and Italy so far and are in the early stages of looking into France for this ski season. The last place we skied (Cervinia/Zermatt) had over 7,000' of vertical - you can't find anything approaching that over here.
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 03:40 AM

Hah! John beat me to it. So, I guess I'll THIRD GoTravel's recommendation.
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 04:00 AM

Anonther vote for Europe but some caveats: pick a high altitude resort to be assured of snow. Some of the prettiest places, like Gstaad, aren't quite high enough to be assured of good snow at Christmas and New Year's (especially considering the blistering heat wave we're having right now that is melting snow even on the highest Alps!!). Klosters (Switzerland) and Lech (Austria) are more likely to have good snow.
If you decide to consider Europe, check the web site www.ski-europe.com
Full of very helpful advice, including a "ski matcher" questionnaire that you fill out to pick the ski resort most suited to your ability, apres-ski interests, budget.
However, if you do decide to stay in the U.S., perhaps it would be better to go to someplace like Deer Valley where the number of lift tickets are limited and it won't be quite as crowded.
BTilke (Brussels, where it's a scorching 100+ degrees--AGAIN--with no A/C. This message has been the "coolest" part of my day!)