Search

skagway or juneau?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skagway or juneau?

We have the option to travel from Anchorage to either Skagway by car or to Juneau by air. I am just wondering if one location really stands out over another in anyone's experiences?

We will have our 2 1/2 year old with us and will be taking the Alaskan ferry through the Inside Passage from either destination.
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 03:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It took us 2 days to drive from Anchorage to Skagway. It's something like 850 miles. We drove during late July when the fireweed was in full bloom. Lake Kluane was beautiful but this is a long, long drive. Depends on how well your 2 1/2 yo does on long drives. Skagway is a small colorful town and will probably be mobbed with cruise boat passengers during the day. The train ride is nice but might be boring for a toddler. There's also a silly vaudeville style show about Skagway's history. I liked it. We didn't explore Juneau but it might be a better choice because of eliminating the long drive.