Reload this Page >

Six Flags New Jersey

Search

Six Flags New Jersey

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 02:32 PM
Annette

Six Flags New Jersey

We are planning a trip to Six Flags in New Jersey on Sept. 24. I am having trouble finding out where it is. Can someone tell me and do you know of any good hotels in the area?
Thanks

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 04:45 AM
ilisa

It's located in Jackson, NJ off of exit 7 on the turnpike.

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 04:52 AM
Paul Rabe

Check out

www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

Select "Park Info" for directions, and "Where to Stay" for suggestions on lodging.

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 09:51 AM
Julie

Out of curiosity, why do you want to go to Six Flags Great Adventure? I worked there as a ride op for 6 seasons and haven't set foot in the place since my last day. There are other wonderful parks that I think you get much more value for your money. I'm thinking of Hersheypark but I recall a wnderful day at Dorney Park as well. I'm not trying to badmouth SFGA, just giving my impressions of other parks in comparison - they seemed cleaner, the employees were nicer to the guests and the rides were just as good if not better unless all you are interested are the thrill rides. The other parks have coasters and such but not as many and not as advanced.

SFGA is located off of exit 7A (not exit 7) of the New Jersey Turnpike. You'll then take 195 and follow the signs - the park is actually located on Rt. 537.

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Old Sep 9th, 1999, 03:59 AM
Annette

Thanks everyone for the info.
Julie, we have a 3 day weekend and we want to get a way from NH and take the kids there, plus we have never been to NJ.

Old Sep 9th, 1999, 04:52 AM
ilisa

All joking about NJ aside, I grew up in NJ (exit 9) and can tell you that the state has so much more to offer than Great Adventure (which I have always hated). Going there would be a supreme waste of a day. You say you haven't been to NJ, but you won't get a sense of it if you hole yourselves up at SFGA. If you really want an amusement park, Julie had some excellent suggestions.

Old Sep 9th, 1999, 07:08 AM
Julie

If you've never been to New Jersey and you want to see something really interesting, go to one of the outfitters at the Delaware Water Gap and try tubing on the Delaware assuming the water levels have gone up a little bit. Either way, the northwestern region of the state is beautiful and you won't regret checking it out.

If you do go to Great Adventure, be sure to stop in at the local McDonalds or convenience stores to look for discount coupons. On Coke Cans, there is normally a coupon and in the past there have been coupons on McDonald's take out bags.

As far as dining is concerned, save your money and don't eat in the park! There is a Wawa on your way in from 195 on 537 (on your right - next to the McDonalds) and they will make deli sandwiches for you to order. Before it was forbidden, we used to send one of the crew members from my ride out to bring us all back sandwiches on a daily basis even though we received major discounts in employee dining on the same food as was served in the parks. The quality was far superior and the price for us was equivalent. For you, it will be a tremendous savings!