Six Flags Fiesta Texas helpful hints

Old Jun 5th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Six Flags Fiesta Texas helpful hints

We have had season passes for years, and I'd like to share some helpful hints that visitors to Fiesta Texas in San Antonio may not know.

1. Coolers and meat sandwiches are not allowed. Every time we go, we see a family hauling a large ice chest up to the front, but it will not be allowed in. Also, meat sandwiches are not allowed in and they do check backpacks. Generally, you can take snacks like granola bars or peanut butter crackers. SOMETIMES a screener will allow prohibited items, like sandwiches, but you cannot count on that. Baby food is allowed.

2. If you have a fiesta tx cup, you can purchase a wristband for $3.49 and get free soda refills all day. Otherwise, refills are $.99 with your cup. This tip is best for season pass holders or visitors that are going to spend 2 or more days at the park, since when you buy a new cup you get free refills all day (I think).

3. If you are going to the rides first, then the waterpark and are going to want a locker, go to the waterpark and get your locker right when you get to the park. The lockers frequently fill up after lunch, and I see people standing around waiting for a locker to put their purses, etc. in. Not a good way to spend your vacation.

4. ALWAYS agree on a spot to meet in case you get separated. It helps to pick something that is visible from anywhere in the park (the Scream, etc)

I'll post more hints as I think of them.
Old Jun 11th, 2007, 06:28 PM

Thank you for the tips. We are going to be in the area 4/19 & 20/08. Would you expect the park to be very crowded at that time? Do you think it be warm enough to enjoy a water park at that time of year?
Old Jun 11th, 2007, 06:49 PM

Why no meat sandwiches?
That's pretty funny!
Old Jun 12th, 2007, 06:44 AM

I'm guessing they don't want someone getting salmonella poisoning in their park, even if it is from food a patron themselves brought in. Unfortunately, being right does not mean you'll prevail in court. And even if you win in court, legal fees quickly run into hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Old Jun 12th, 2007, 06:50 AM

Why would anyone lug a cooler around a park? Don't most people leave it in the cars and then go back to the car?
Old Jun 12th, 2007, 07:20 AM

scarboroughmom - shouldn't be too crowded even though that's a weekend. As you may know, most schools in TX have spring break in March. Shouldn't have a weather problem - April is usually very nice.
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Original Poster

Sorry I didn't reply sooner; I didn't get to this site yesterday.

scarborough mom, you're coming in April 2008? Keep in mind they are only open on the weekends until mid-May, and the waterpark probably won't be open then. This year, they didn't open the waterpark until May 12.

Also, I didn't think about the salmonella issue regarding meat sandwiches. I just assumed it was because they wanted to make more money. I think some people bring coolers because Schlitterbahn (in New Braunfels) allows them, and some other small parks allow them.
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 06:51 AM

We always took ice chests and picnics to 6 Flags. We arrived early and got to park by the pond. At lunch we would all meet at the gate and head out for a great picnic. It was right at the front gate, so it was close.
We would spread out the blankets and have a great meal. Frequently, people would nap after the meal!
Then we would head back in for another 6 or more hours.
There are restaurants near the gate in Arlington and you see a constant stream of people going to/from.
The picnics are a big part of the memories.
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 07:56 AM

Salmonella, scamonella - the prohibition is so you will have to buy their overpriced food! They also sometimes use the excuse that they want to minimize litter - equally bogus. Many families do get around it the way TxTravelPro describes - leave the cooler in your car and have a tailgate picnic in the parking lot. Not nearly as convenient but if you have a group of kids it can save a small fortune.
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 07:59 AM

Also, some families (esp. with season passes) only do the water park...you aren't really lugging a cooler from ride to ride...you find a spot and spend the day there.
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Original Poster

Here's an update:

This year, Six Flags Fiesta Texas changed the rules regarding backpacks and cups. You cannot take ANYTHING on the rides, and they will not let you set your bag near the exit as they used to. They are trying to force customers to rent lockers by the rides for $3.50.

As I mentioned in the third tip, you really might want to get that locker at the start of your day, because those can be reopened.

Also, you cannot take last years cup and get refills. You need to buy new ones this season.