Reload this Page >

Sightseeing in Miami

Search

Sightseeing in Miami

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 05:15 PM
Pat

Sightseeing in Miami

We like for someone else to do the driving while we relax and enjoy the sights- what type of sightseeing tours are available in Miami?

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 05:32 PM
pam

Bayside Marketplace is a fun nightspot with restaurants, shopping, and on weekends they have entertainment on the outside stage. Anyways, there is a boat tour company (Island Queen or something like that) that leaves from Bayside that takes cruises around the "islands" of Miami. The captain does a great job of pointing out all of the homes of the rich & famous. I believe the tour lasted about 1.5 hours and we really enjoyed ourselves.

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 05:10 AM
Peg

You'd think a tourist city like Miami would have lots of trolleys and sightseeing transportation, other than a trolley in Coral Gables and the Bayside area, the rest is by bus. It's embarrassing really.

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 05:15 AM
J T Kirk

I don't know about tours, but I like to drive down to Coconut Grove. Nice restaurants, art galleries and some shopping. Pretty, old-fashioned Florida.

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 02:45 AM
jen ratta

If the weather is nice, try Venetian Pool in Coral Gables (www.venetianpool.com) - it's a great way to spend an afternoon.