Notices

Sickening AC Dining Experience

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Norton

Sickening AC Dining Experience

I want to warn everyone to avoid eating at an establishment named Savaradio in Atlantic City, NJ--I became deathly ill from a bad piece of tuna, the ill affects of which were not known until later that night when I was visiting the emergency room. Avoid at all costs!

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 11:51 AM
Loredana

Sorry to hear that Norton. Did you report it to the restaurant? It's actually on Ventnor Avenue in Ventnor and it was always a very popular Italian restaurant.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Josh

Bad food in Atlantic City?
Say it ain't so!!
This cannot be!!

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 12:00 PM
health

Norton, do not be so quick to point the finger! Perhaps what you ate for lunch or breakfast or even dinner the evening before was the source of your illness. Perhaps you used the toilet and didn't wash your hands. Foodborne illness comes from a variety of sources and can take up to 48 hours to show its ugly self. Why do you think it was the tuna? How much of it did you eat? Did it smell bad?

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 12:33 PM
JustTheFacts

Zagat gave it a 25 rating on Food, which is pretty high. Here's what they say about it:

Different and delicious" Ventnor Eclectic BYO that comes courtesy of chef-owner Lisa Savage, whose "delightful presentations" taste "even better" than they look; it's a "terrific, trendy spot" and "worth the 15-minute drive" from AC, even though the crowds virtually guarantee you'll "brush elbows with your fellow eaters."

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 12:33 PM
KK

Tuna doesn't have to smell bad (nothing has to smell bad)or taste bad to give you bad food poisoning, although if it DOES smell or taste bad, it's dangerous.

But I do wonder how Norton is sure that it was the tuna, vs. -- say -- dishes with cream sauces, which can go bad if the sauce sits around for awhile, or mayonnaise, etc. etc. However, the probabilities are high that it was the tuna.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Sam

Minimum 1 hour interval is necessary from ingestion to symptoms of illness.
If he ate the tuna at least 1 hour before, it's a candidate anyway.

Staph aureus and bacillus food poisoning occur within 1-6 hours of ingestion of hams/salads/creams/pastries/rices.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 01:46 PM
Yawn

When someone writes in to complain about getting sick at a restaurant with a stellar reputation and a 25 for food in Zagats, it usually means the person has an ax to grind and "I'll show you!"

Pay little attention to Norton, who, whether it's true or not, is a needle in a haystack.