Short trip report San Diego/ So Cal

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I landed a job that starts tomorrow, DH and I decided to take a trip to visit friends and relatives in SoCal for a quick 4 day road adventure last week. Here's some dining highlights and fun places we visited.
San Diego restaurants:
Osetra in Gaslamp. Very good, we dined on small plates. Kobe Beef sliders were great. Also had a drink and listened to a nice jazz duo at Croce's.
Casa Guadalajara in Old Town: good Mexican food in a nice patio setting.
SeaWorld: the highlight of our trip. Great shows, exhibits and enjoyed the free beer samples at the Busch area.
On the trip back up north:
Kabuki restaurant in Woodland Hills: good japanese food at a fair price.
Froggy's in Topanga: good appetizers and drinks in a beautiful wooded setting.
Olsen's Bakery in Solvang: tasty pastries.
Cugini's in San Luis Obispo: very good & fresh salads and pasta in a casual order at the counter place.
Oh, and In n Out twice.

Old Jul 13th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Original Poster

I forgot to mention my economical (LOL) lodging:
Super8 in San Diego on Hotel Circle. A basic small yet clean room (63.- a night plus tax) in a handy location.
San Marcos Motel in Buelton near Solvang. Well, it was clean though a little run down. The bed was in good shape and comfy. For a Friday night in July just off the 101, a cheap price of $59.- plus tax, it was all we needed. It even had a Micro and small Frig that worked, LOL.
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 04:21 PM

Sounds fun, you can't go to Southern CA with a stop at In n Out! It was the perfect ending to our 3 day stay in Laguna Beach over the 4th of July weekend. ***kim***
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 04:39 PM

Hi trippinkpj, the type of getaway trip you two took is often the best type of trip of all! No heavy planning and making arrangements as one has to when they are going to be gone for an extended amount of time. Your four day adventure sounds wonderful to me!

And best wishes to you with your new job. I hope it as going well and that you are happy with your employer and coworkers and job duties.
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Hi Kim and LoveItaly- I think it was the best spur of the moment trip DH and I have ever done! Everything was great. I wish we had more time, though I'm glad to be working again so that I can save for more travels! I like everything about the new job so far LoveItaly. Thank you!