Short time-Best bets in Orlando

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 10:13 AM
Joe

Short time-Best bets in Orlando

I will be at a conference in Orlando, last week of October with my wife. We have Sunday afternoon, Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday until 5:30pm. My wife wants to see EPCOT, Universal Studios and MGM Studios. Is Islands of Adventure worthwhile, we are not into wild rides? Can you get into Universal City Walk just to eat dinner at one of the restaurants or do you a ticket?

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 10:23 AM
kim

2 afternoons and 1 full day is not a lot of time to see 3 different parks, don't forget to include transportation time. You didn't say where you are staying, but Universal and Disney are not next door to each other, and there is always considerable time spent parking and getting into the parks.

To me, the highlight of Islands of Adventure are the thrill rides, but there are other rides there, but I don't think they would be worth my $50!

Universal City Walk is an open venue, however some of the clubs do have a cover charge in the evening and I beleive you can by a $10 pass that gets you into all of them without the cover. The cover is only for nightclubs, if you are just going for dinner there shouldn't be an additional fee in most places. Emeril's is supposed to be fantastic but you generally need reservations in advance. There is also a movie theater there so you can do dinner and a movie if you aren't into the clubs.

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 10:26 AM
Greg

You can get into Universal City Walk without purchasing a ticket to Islands of Adventure or Universal Studios; however, you do have to pay to park. You may want to look into dinner reservations at UCW; particularly Emeril's. Islands of Adventure is definitely worthwhile...if you like thrill rides. I prefer Universal Studios over MGM Studios, it is a little more adult and not so cutesy. If possible, stay for the fireworks/light show at EPCOT.

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 10:57 AM
Lori

I'd do Epcot on your full day. Take in an early dinner at one of Epcot's World Showcase restaurants. You'll have no problem getting seated and you'll save money if you hit the lunch menu.

IofA is mostly thrill rides or kiddie stuff. We got there really early and were ready to leave right after lunch. We had already hit Spiderman, The Hulk coaster (twice), Dueling Dragons, and some very wet water rides.

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 11:46 AM
bobalu

Just got back from Orlando. My wife joined joined me on this trip. City walk for dinner is cool. You can park for free after 6 pm (usually $7). All menus and prices are online at the Universal site. We did Island of Adventure and could have done without it. Disney has more to offer. Try Seaworld.