Reload this Page >

Shopping in New York

Search

Shopping in New York

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 09:50 PM
arvind

Shopping in New York

Can somebody tell me whats the best shopping place / store in NYC to shop in for clothes, include for good bargains too...

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 10:53 PM
xxx

Century 21 near the World Trade Center.

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 07:02 AM
annK

There are so many good places to shop in New York so here is my list of favs.

Filene's both at 6th and 18th St.
TJ Max

Burlington Coat Factory 23rd and 6th
Daffy's several locations
Manhattan Mall
Ann Taylor Loft 42nd and Lex

On Sunday
the Lower East Side Orchard St.

Have a good time

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 07:42 AM
mm

I will assume you're looking for ladies fashions. I like looking at Bolton's (Broadway and 55th Street) and Strawberry's (one is on 45th Street and Sixth Avenue and the other is on 49th Street between Broadway and Sixth). There are always good buys at HM on 5th Avenue (I think it's at the corner of 52nd or 53rd) but their clothing is mostly geared to teens but you occasionally find something that a more mature person can wear. There is also a store on 45th Street about halfway between Six and Fifth Avenues that sell clothes for $10.00 or a little bit more.

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 09:26 AM
Caitlin

To follow the above post, Bolton's and Strawberry have many locations in Manhattan; there is also an H&M on 34th St. I'd avoid the everything-for-$10 stores; you get what you pay for there.

You might also check out Loehmann's on 7th Ave and 17th St. And Century 21 as noted above. If you are looking for young-looking clothes, also Canal Jean Co. on Broadway in Soho.