Search

shopping in LA?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 1999, 10:29 PM
brett

shopping in LA?

I wanted to know where the best place to shop while staying in LA. Didn't want to go to the expensive places where all the tourists go. I'll have a car so distance isn't too much of a worry.

Old Oct 5th, 1999, 12:34 AM
Glen

hi there

i ate cheaply and well at the luxor. great buffets that are dirt cheap.

hope this info helps

glen

Old Oct 5th, 1999, 05:34 AM
Paul Rabe

Question 1 -- what will you be shopping for? Clothes? Jewelry? Electronics? Music? Souvenirs?
Question 2 -- what are you looking for in your store? Lowest price? Brand names? Largest variety?

The better we know what you're looking for, the more likely it is we will tell you where it is.

Old Oct 5th, 1999, 08:22 AM
lisa

If you like antiques and funky vintage shops, there is a stretch of La Brea that has some great places, including the most beautiful floral shop I've ever been to.

Old Oct 5th, 1999, 08:56 PM
brett

To clarify what I want to shop for, mainly clothes, brand names, music. Generally a big shopping centre.

Old Oct 6th, 1999, 06:50 AM
Emily

Try the Ontario Mills Mall at the junction of I-15 and I-10. It's a factory outlet with a wide variety of stores and merchandise. You can spend all day there.

Old Oct 6th, 1999, 09:09 AM
Diane

I'd suggest "downtown" Santa Monica a couple of blocks off the beach. There are lots of funky little shops. It is a pedestrian mall area, but parking nearby is cheap (or free). Can't say it is the best place, but I enjoyed it. Window shopping Rodeo Drive is a must. (And actually, not every shop is totally designer and super expensive.)

Old Oct 6th, 1999, 12:55 PM
cherie

Beverly Center anyone?

Old Oct 6th, 1999, 01:02 PM
Emily

My personal favorite is Fashion Island in Newport Beach. It's an "upscale" mall a little ways down the coast from L.A., but you did say that you'd have a car.

Old Oct 6th, 1999, 02:03 PM
Dii

I like South Coast PLaza in Costa Mesa - a large mall with lots of different kinds of shops. I'm not as crazy about Ontario Mills but it is large and does have lots of shops - just not my taste I guess.