Search

Sheraton Maui

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 01:23 PM
Liz

Sheraton Maui

I booked the Sheraton for easy access to snorkeling and a lot of good experiences with Sheratons in general. Then I read that the service wasn't very good.

I'll be 6 months pregnant in March when we go- Any suggestions about the Sheraton or the trip in general?

Thanks!

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 01:29 PM
chris

My parents went last summer and had a terrific time at the Sheraton. They had no complaints! All of the staff was very friendly to them as it was their first time. Have fun!

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 02:09 PM
art

The Sheraton is a very nice low rise hotel in the best location on that beach. Snorkeling is at your front door. It should be fine.

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 04:53 PM
jeff

I was booked at the Sheraton until this last week. I read the same issues and if it were one or two I wouldnt be concerned but there have been several on different boards. I also travel every week and noticed that the Sheratons I have been to have cut staff and benefits. Clubs have less, prices have risen.... I waited 20 minutes last week at the lounge for a drink. The waitress from the resteraunt came over to help me.
I changed to the Marriott. Beach and location are not as nice but service is very important in travel. I could reserve a ocean view suite at the Marriott using points or I could get a garden view for points at the Sheraton. I offered double points to get an ocean view. They do not allow booking upgrade with points like the Marriott. I am platinum at Marriott and Starwood (Sheraton) and probably would have been upgraded at checkin.
Cant beat the Sheraton location, but I dont go to Hawaii that often....

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 05:25 PM
scigirl

I have stayed twice at the Sheraton in Maui - most recently in Nov 00. I never had any problems with service and was upgraded to deluxe ocean front rooms on both trips. (I'm a Starwood member, but with no special status). The location of the Sheraton is lovely and I think the fact that it is spread out and low-rise makes it very pleasant.

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 05:58 PM
Kimo

But you all are missing jeff's point.
Many hotels/resorts cut staffing significantly after 9/11.
Whether or not service was good before 9/11 may well be irrelevant.