Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hotel in NYC

Search

Sheraton Hotel in NYC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 11:13 AM
honeymooner

Sheraton Hotel in NYC

My local travel agency found me a deal to stay at the Sheraton New York Towers on 7th & 53rd St. Is this a nice hotel? Is it better or worse than Belvedere Hotel?

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 02:17 PM
Fran

Honeymooner; here are reviews of the hotels from the "Citysearch" Website. Paste these links into your browser and you can check them out: Belvedere Hotel http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/7188109/ and the Sheraton New York Towers review is at http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/7142297/

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 04:43 PM
Phil

Much better IMO, better location also.

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:47 PM
diane

Try the Warwick Hotel. $149 per night on quickbook.com

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:10 PM
jef-europe

I agree with diane that the Warwick is a better value as a fully renovated hotel.

An other good option is the Sofitel for its service and amenities.

The Sheraton NY is now under renovation and you should expect some noise and inconvience.And in any case do not stay at the Sheraton Manhattan wich has not seen any kind of renovation the last 15 years!

There are some related posts when typing 'sheraton'

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 01:49 PM
Andrea

Well, I have to disagree with jef-europe, I just got back from a week in New York (which was the most fabulous trip I've ever been on), and we stayed in the Sheraton Manhattan. Yes, it's a Sheraton so it's not like The Plaza, but the beds were great, the rooms and bathroom were clean, the hotel bar was great, and it was in a fabulous location. They even gave us the priveleges of the club floor. It's definately not a dump....and if you get a reasonable price I wouldn't hesitate a bit. And who spends most of their time in the room anyways except to sleep and shower, especially in such a fabulous city like New York.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 03:14 PM
xxx

citysue, would you like to add anything here?

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 12:51 PM
duckyones

we stayed there for a week in November. it is fine, typical chain hotel. lots of people in the lobby. you are never in your room so as long as they are functional that is what we cared about. the only issue we had was that they had turned on the heat for winter and it was a warm week. the rooms were toasty, but the windows open. try to get up on the higher floors and not have a room on the 7th side as it will be noisier. also it is right beside the 7th avenue subway station, a quick walk uptown to Central Park South. and only 2 blocks above Times square. a great location

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 09:22 PM
marco

The Sheraton NY is definitely not a hotel for honeymooners!!

It is correct that this hotel is under renovation.