Reload this Page >

Shelbourne Hotel in South Beach, Fl.-Anyone know it/

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 11:40 AM
jj

We are interested in the Shelbourne Hotel in South Beach, Florida. It's on 18 st. and Collins ave. $159.00/night for 2 Q. beds, with ocean view (AAA rate) for next Jan. Seems like a decent rate for this area. I phoned the hotel directly for this rate. Rates seemed higher on internet websites. First, is anyone familiar with this hotel, and secondly, has anyone found cheaper hotel rates by phoning a hotel directly?

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 12:11 PM
Amy

Hi! I live in Miami - am a native actually. You'll love the hotel.It's adjacent to the Delano and National frequented by celebs. Nice, and quiet and pretty. It's old, in general, but they've remodeled it over the years. I'd try online AND every way you could to try to get different rates. That rate is about right for that hotel during that time. Good luck. I have found hotels cheaper by calling hotel directly yes. Try it all, doesn't hurt.

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 12:17 PM
paul

I have not stayed at the Shelbourne but did stay at the South Seas Hotel on 17th and Collins. It is beachfront with a pool - not fancy but clean and nice. Our rate was $99 per night. They called it a "great rate". They have a website. But I did not find this rate on the website. I found it listed on the internet at a booking service but I then called the hotel and asked for this specific rate and they gave it to me.

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 02:57 PM
jj

Thanks for your help! Always exciting to spot a celeb.!(especially if it is Mel Gibson).

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 10:04 AM
Amy

Saw Harrison Ford at the Delano several weekends ago. Almost all celebs stay there or the National which is next door. Have fun and good luck.