Search

SF in December

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 06:54 AM
Cindy

SF in December

Is December in San Francisco a good choice for traveling with 3 kids ages 11 to 19. The weather is a concern.

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 08:51 AM
Gail

While it is the rainy season, I would not let that stop you. We have not had much rain during the last few years in December. The temperature should be in the 40's-70's degrees. September and October are the best months to visit.

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 12:01 PM
kam

Ditto the above. Probably the first part of the month is the best bet, but I wouldn't let the possibility of rain stop a visit. Since the opera and symphony will be on then, you might want to leave the kids one night and do that. I don't think we had any rain to speak of last December, but there's always a chance. SF is very pretty decked out for the holidays.

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 02:24 PM
tracey

FYI - if you plan to travel the first weekend of December, there will be a very large conference in town. Hotel rooms will be hard to come by. I would make my reservations soon if you haven't already. Hope this helps.

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 04:44 PM
Parrot Mom

Stayed in S.F. first week in December, only remember one rainy day..you will need a raincoat with liner though.... We stayed at the Andrews which was convenient and provides a free buffet breakfast on each floor which would be great for the kids.. Also, rented a car and Andrews had a special rate at a local garage a block away. Lots of the Xmas decorations up and celebrations in swing..