Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Seeking St. Augustine Restaurant Recommendations

Old Apr 28th, 1998, 04:24 PM
Mike Miller

We have eaten at Barnacle Bills and Saltwater Cowboys but because we are from out of town, we are looking for your input on good dining in the area.

Old Apr 29th, 1998, 09:45 PM
Will

Check out A1A downtown and Raintree just north of downtown. The former is a classy brewpub with fine beers and Florida/Caribbean cuisine.

Old Apr 30th, 1998, 02:50 AM
torchie

Depends what kind of food...for vegetarian, the Manatee is great! Located across the street from the Merry go round and library. Also, the Gypsy Cab...creative food and popular.

Old May 10th, 1998, 06:03 AM
Dan

My wife and I had a great time one night in St. A's at a French restaurant in the Old Town - it had a very simple name like" Le Parisien" or something like that - a French owner who enjoyed talking with her customers, great food and atmosphere - ask your hotel clerk for the right name - or maybe another Departure Lounge fan can tell you (and remind me of ) the name.

Old Jun 15th, 1998, 07:34 AM
Cindy Philpot

My parents live in St. Augustine - 10 years. It's a great town to vist, I still have not seen everything. The islands are nice, as well as the beaches. All the resturants on St. Geroge street are good. There is a resturant called something like "The Monks Resturant." The Santa Anna is a resturant on the river. You can also feed the fish while you dine. They also have a new brewery on King Street, although I have not been there, but heard it was good. There is a seafood place called O'Hara's just across the Bridge of Lions. It is a hole-in-the wall, but the food is great. Expect to wait in line.