Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Sedona - Sky Ranch Lodge or Hilton Sedona - Did I Make a Mistake?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Kay

I had a reservation at the Sky Ranch Lodge for $75 a night, and just won a bid at Pricline for the Hilton Sedona for $65 a night. When I called the hotels prior to my priceline bid, the rooms at the Hilton were much more expensive. Having never been to the area, is the Hilton nicer than the Sky Ranch Lodge? Do you think I will be happy with my switch to the Hilton?

Old Feb 25th, 2002, 07:17 AM
Larry

While my wife and I have never stayed at the Hilton, we have enjoyed the Sky Ranch Lodge several times. We usually ask for the King unit on the end right on the point overlooking West Sedona.
I don't think it's fair to compare. The units at the lodge are ground level units, some more rustic. The unit we get is done in southwest lodgepole.
It is not a lusury hotel...no marble fixtures, lavish common areas,....what you do get is a beautiful view and friendly staff. It sits up on the the top of a mesa near the airport. airport has a nice clean restaurant with good, inexpensive food.
Guess it comes down to what you're looking for.
You can always drive up when you're there and check it out for future consideration. If there is no one in the end unit, they will show it to you.
Feel free to e-mail me if you have more questions.
Enjoy beautiful Sedona.
Larry
Feel free to e-mail me if you have more questions.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 01:44 PM
highbay

We stayed 2 nites at the Hilton. It is approx. 7 miles from Sedona but that was no problem for us. WE found it to be very nice.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 07:27 PM
Ray

The Hilton near Sedona is nothing special, or so it appears as I drive by it. Not run down or anything, just not anything special.
(Why else would such a small hotel be selling unsold rooms on priceline?)

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 05:41 AM
Judy

One possible reason might be that as mentioned above, the Hilton is a few miles out of town. For most people that's not a problem, but to some it may be.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "nothing special." I wouldn't consider the Sky Ranch to be anything special either. But again, as previously mentioned, I think it's comparing apples to oranges. The Sky Ranch is very rustic, whereas the Hilton is very up to date with suites that have separate living & dining areas, fireplaces, and mini kitchenettes.