Reload this Page >

Sedona - Lodging recommendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 08:30 AM
John Austin

My wife and I are thinking of traveling to Sedona in late April or mid-May. Any suggestions on good, medium-priced lodging, preferably close to dining/shopping? Also, does anyone know of any good airfare/lodging packages? We'll be coming from the Boston area and are planning on traveling up to the Grand Canyon sometime during our stay.

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 09:50 AM
Brian

Don't know what you consider medium priced, but I'd compare Enchantment, Los Abrigados,and L 'Auberge de Sedona. If nothing suits you, there are some nice B&B's in the area, tho we've never stayed at one.

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 03:04 PM
Karen

We are from Phoenix and always stay at Poco Diablo, but think next time we will stay at Sky Ranch..have heard good reports of the wonderful views from the rooms and prices. Poco Diablo is also very reasonable. They both probably have websites.

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 06:49 PM
Al

Do yourself a favor and dial 1-800-288-7336 and ask the Sedona Chamber of Commerce to send you their free booklet, "Experience Sedona." Gives all the info you seek. Or visit their web site, sedonachamber.com

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 08:08 PM
David

Don't know anything about Sky Ranch, but Poco Diablo is a nice setting and should be substantially less expensive than Enchantment, and somewhat less than los Abrigados and probably l'auberge. Before you reach Sedona in the town of Oak Creek (about 5 miles before) there is the Bell Rock Inn which seems like it would be reasonably priced. Also Arroyo Robles in the Heart of Sedona appears reasonable.
Not familiar with any packages, but I know Southwest Air has a promotion involving Phoenix to Providence. Something to consider. Also, American Airlines usually matches SW from Providence.
Good luck

Old Jan 23rd, 2000, 09:47 AM
Sue

Southwest Inn at Sedona is fabulous. Check their website for internet special rates. AAA four star. Stayed there last summer-big rooms-wonderful buffet breakfast and extremely helpful concierge. Very reasonably priced for what you get.

Old Jan 25th, 2000, 05:32 PM
TC

L 'Auberge de Sedona is one of the most romantic places I've stayed. If you can at all afford it, get one of the creekside cabins. At least, have dinner here. Its just marvelous. Just MHO, of course.

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 01:05 PM
Lauren

I second Sue's recommendation for the Southwest Inn at Sedona. My husband and I stayed there just after the Memorial Day weekend last year. The rooms were immaculate. The continental breakfast was both delicious and satisfying. We made good use of the many amenities that the hotel provides. We received insider tips and caring assistance from the concierge that made our trip even more enjoyable.