sedona grand canyon bryce

Old May 1st, 2002, 04:46 PM
bob

sedona grand canyon bryce

Going to visit all 3 for first time.Only have 5 nights.Currently arive PHX Am 5/19, stay sedona (enchantment that night), drive grandd canyon(el tovar) 2 nights,drive Bryce
stay at stone canyon 2 nights.Any suggestions on things to see where to eat,driving logistics , timing between cities,when to leave for each destination, comments on hotels.Any help apprecaited

Old May 1st, 2002, 06:30 PM
Becky

Hi, Bob. We did a similar trip last year, did a circle-Vegas-Zion, Bryce, GC North Rim-Lake Powell-GC South Rim-Sedona-Laughlin!
But my concern with your trip is the distance from GC South Rim to Bryce & back to PHX. You are flying back home out of PHX? That's alot of driving for 5 nights!
I personally found GC South to be anticlimactic after GC North. But without seeing the North first you will enjoy the South Rim just fine.
I guess I can't comment decently until I know wether you have to be back in Phoenix on day 6! After that I'll have alot to suggest!

Old May 2nd, 2002, 04:35 AM
bob mohalley

Im returning thru vegas--just driving to the AP on 5/24.Do you have suggestions on the driving routes to takeas well.Thanks alot for your help.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:27 AM
Becky

One more question answered pls: have you already been to Zion Ntn'l. Park?
Becky

Old May 2nd, 2002, 07:11 AM
rqf

Doable but you are going to spend anywhere from 9 to 10 hous driving back to PHX from Bryce - something like 500 miles..
You will be driving about 1000 miles from PHX. From Las Vegas it is a little less tnan 1000 miles but the longest single drive either from Phx or LV would be 300 miles from SR to Bryce

Old May 2nd, 2002, 01:13 PM
mohalley

I just looked up the driving time from GC to Bryce--could it be 9 hours to do 290 miles?any thoughtd/

Old May 2nd, 2002, 01:24 PM
rqf

Drive time from the South Rim to Bryce is going to be in the 6/7 hour range. The roads are quite good and traffic should be minimal so you should be able to average between 45 and 50 mph.