Seattle Shuttle?

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:06 PM
Dianna

Seattle Shuttle?

We have booked a cruise for May 24th to Alaska, and booked Summerfield Suites by Wyndham on Pike St. for the night before. Anyone stay there? I see you can get a cab from the airport for $38 and a shuttle for $21. What is the shuttle? How far are the cruise ships from the hotel? We have 1/2 a day to sight see before cruise and 3/4 of a day after cruise. What are the must sees, anyone out there from Seattle?

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:54 PM
Nacy

Shuttle is kind of transport service which you may be shared a car or van by other passengers.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:59 PM
Mike

I saw the Summerfield Suites this week when in Seattle. It looks OK, relatively new it appears. Location is good, only blocks from all the main downtown attractions.
If the cruise ships dock near the ferries, that's very close as well (about 3/4 mile or so).
You need to get a downtown Seattle map and look it over.
Go to any Barnes and Noble and look for the hand drawn maps of Seattle (can't remember the name...but they have them at all B&N's for all major tourist cities.). They list all the restaurants, shopping, attractions and such and show you where they are relative to your hotel. You can then pick and choose and figure out what to put on your list.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 06:33 AM
John

The cab is pricier but may not be on a per person basis compared to the Super Shuttle - be sure to check.

Also you might contact Gray Line's Airporter service - http://graylineseattle.com/airport.cfm to see if they'll drop at the Wyndam (I bet they will - $10 or so per person rather than $15-$20 on the shuttle.

Spend your limited time downtown - you can more than use up the half days at the Pike Place Market. Seattle deserves more than a few hours, so save your touring energy for a later time. If you want some fun in the evening hours, you might taxi up to Seattle Center (5 min.) where the Northwest Folk Life Festival will be in full swing that weekend (Memorial Day.) It's a huge gathering of performers, foodies, craftspeople etc.

The cruise terminal is about a mile and a half from the Wyndam, a very short cab ride.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 06:36 AM
Huh

....but the Pike Place Market IS downtown.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Dianna

Thanks everyone, just the info I needed without doing homework, that's why I like this site. I did do some research when I booked the hotel, but not much. Saw something must be going on that weekend and hotels were full, now I know why - the folk festival.