night at the "Inn at the Market".
Being so convenient to the Market,
I am looking for best moderately
priced, casual, seafood restaurant
within walking distance.
Any favorites??

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 10:42 AM
kam

Etta's Seafood, but I would call ahead at least a week to avoid disappointment.(206) 443-6000 Easy walk from Inn at the Market. Place Pigalle is also very good though tecnically not a seafood restaurant, but does include great seafood. It's very small so res are essential 624-1756

Old May 4th, 2001, 10:38 AM
Dick Hardy

I'll second Etta's, especially since your're at Inn at the Market. But if you want to take a taxi, go to Flying Fish or (and especially if you want great salmon or oysters and a wine list to die for) Ray's Boathouse. Same caveat re reservations.

Old May 4th, 2001, 11:16 PM
ldsant

Wouldn't recommend taking a taxi to Ray's - it will cost approximately $50 each way from downtown. Other seafood places that meet your criteria:

Anthony's (on the water) - definitely walking distance

BTW - dress code in Seattle is "are you comfortable?"

Would stay away from McCormick and Schmik's (I think that's the spelling) not very good seafood - I think it's frozen first.

BTW - Cafe Campagne which is downstairs at your hotel (NOT Campagne) has excellent food as well.

Old May 9th, 2001, 09:17 AM
MarcO

$50 from downtown to Ray's??? What cab company are you calling, one from Portland?

You don't have to go far for "Matt's in the Market". Simply the best place in Seattle if you can get a table.

Old May 9th, 2001, 12:59 PM
ldsant

Yes, it is about $50 to Ray's - it's in Shilshoe. It's currently $42 from my place in Seattle to the airport (about the same distance from downtown to Ray's). (as of last week anyway) No, I'm not living in Portland! Why do people feel compelled to give rude comments on this board? I just don't understand that.

When is the last time you took a cab in SEA? It's $10 just from downtown to the end of Madison (without tip!).

Old May 11th, 2001, 08:17 AM
Deb

Just wanted to say thank you to all
who took the time to offer your
suggestions. It's really wonderful
to hear from those who know first
hand!