Seattle restaurant question---Geneva

Apr 24th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Original Poster

Seattle restaurant question---Geneva

Has anyone eaten at Geneva? I've lived here for 18 years and never heard anyone mention it. It gets very good ratings on Zagat (26 for food, 28 for service--- higher than Rover's) and the menu looks very nice, but the photo on the website looks a bit. . . stuffy. Any thoughts? We are looking for something different for a birthday dinner. The old standby is Nishino, but I think when everyone in the family can recite in advance what they are going to order, it might be time for someplace new. Or not?
Apr 25th, 2006, 06:49 AM

If you like seafood try Mccormick & Smiccls on first avenue.Paul
Apr 25th, 2006, 10:06 AM

Where the heck is that? A restaurant called Geneva, I mean.
Apr 25th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

It's hidden away on Eighth, Spring and Seneca. Near the Seattle Town Hall, but in a residential area. We drive past it on the way to work every day, and then it popped up in a list of "the best" Seattle restaurants (everything with a 26 or higher rating on Zagat). I thought it might be interesting because our teenage daughters enjoyed Switzerland so much last summer. . . it would be a little reminder of our trip. The menu is appealing, and similar to what we found in Zürich.
http://www.genevarestaurant.com/

But nobldy I know has ever heard of it. So I'm wondering who eats there????
Apr 25th, 2006, 10:42 AM

Hey I think I know that location! We used to eat brunch there, under a different name, in the early 80's. I'll have to swing by on the way home and see if it is that same space.

What is interesting is I also have *never* heard it mentioned by anyone or seen it written up locally. And I'm from a pretty restaurant-y crowd of friends. Curious.
Apr 25th, 2006, 11:07 AM

So I'm wondering who eats there????

Anesthesiologists.
Apr 25th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

Hmmmmm---does that mean it's boring? I'll have to rethink this. Any recommendations for oncologists and lawyers (my husband and I)? Maybe I'll see if we can get in at Il Terrazzo Carmine; we haven't eaten there yet.
Apr 25th, 2006, 12:10 PM

This place truly flies under the radar. I searched egullet to see if I can find anything for you, and there were only a few mentions, such as this:

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?...0223&hl=geneva