Reload this Page >

Seattle-need hotel in "tourist area"

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 1998, 04:47 PM
Kittie

I need a hotel in Seattle in an area with some shops/restaurants/things to do so that my parents-both in their 70's- will have something to do while my boyfriend and I will be at a 7:00pm Seahawks game (they did not want to go to the game). They will not want to drive in an unfamiliar city, but they might be willing to take a short cab ride.
There is a hotel called The Pioneer Square Hotel in the Pioneer Square Historic District. Has anybody stayed there? Is this a good area to stay in? How about the Seattle Center area?
Any other suggestions? We are looking for anything in the $75-150 price range.
Thanks in advance.
Kittie

Old Aug 5th, 1998, 05:34 PM
Rick

Kittie

Not sure on the price,,it may be around $150..but
check on "the edgewater". Its right on the water, the kingdome is just up the street, and its within easy walking distance to MANY neat shops along the waterfront..many good places to eat also..across the street and up the hill is pikes street market.
One of Seattle's must see's..

Old Aug 5th, 1998, 08:21 PM
John

Kittie, the Pioneer Square area is wonderful but full of street life, bars, cafes, and can be a little rowdy on football days. It would be too intense for my parents (also in 70s) but it depends on your folks. It may be on the high end of your price range, but look at The Inn at the Market, a very nice small hotel located in the middle of the Pike Market. (Maybe weekend rates or AARP discount?) Also you might look at the Mayflower Hotel or the Warwick Hotel. Good luck!

Old Aug 6th, 1998, 06:24 AM
Arizona

We were complete strangers in Seattle when we happened to stay at The Warwick. My wife, our 100-lb. Black Lab, and me. We can't say enough good things about The Warwick -- the location, the room, their hospitality, the way they accepted our big dog, and their food. Of course, we ate at other places such as Pike Place Market and The Spaghetti House and several fish restaurants. They have a parking annex adjacent to the hotel; makes it convenient when arriving and departing. You don't have to stand out in the drizzle.

Old Aug 7th, 1998, 11:07 AM
Elizabeth

We stayed at the Inn at the Market last June and it was wonderful. Our room overlooked the bay and it was $250. They have a lovely rooftop area to have a glass of wine and over look the bay. It is pricey.

Old Aug 9th, 1998, 06:39 AM
Kittie

Thanks for all the great suggestions!!!!!!!
Kittie

Old Aug 9th, 1998, 11:52 PM
jparrent

I know that clients have people stay at the Pioneer Inn on Yesler when they do job interviews-you might check this one out as well.

the Inn at the Market is great but I have heard can be noisy-it has one of the best restaurants in Seattle in it-Campagne pricey but excellent.

Another thought is the Alexis-close to Pioneer square but also closer to the Art Museum and Pike Place Market-probably somewhat pricey but maybe they have deals-I have gotten queen suites there off season for $150.

The Warwick is a great suggestion but definitely a tier down from the Inn and the Alexis-bot of which as mentioned can be pricey