Seattle Marriott waterfront

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2003, 03:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just made reservations at a new hotel right on the water in seattle (Marriott Waterfront). It opened april 03. Has anyone been there?
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 05:07 AM
SMM

I've just made reservations there also!
The receptionist was most helpful and I'm assuming from this, that the staff will be also.
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 05:20 AM
Original Poster

i actually haven't made the reservation yet because i was quoted two different rates by the two people i spoke with. they kept transferring me back and forth and finally said they would call back last night, which they never did. this makes me nervous, as if they don't even know what the rates are yet. (one of the rooms is a junior suite, which didn't show up on the web when i tried to access rates there). the guy seemed very vague about what beds were in the room as well. maybe he was new. the website didn't have any pictures of rooms/pool etc. do you know anything about this hotel? i called the hotel directly rather than using the 800 number because i read you get better rates that way, but they seem very unorganized.
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 05:27 AM
SMM

I talked to a "Jennifer". She was very specific about rates and rooms. I kept pressing her for better rates, but she was adament about this being summer season and no can do. But I went with the step above a standard room, the conceriage level with breakfast, appetizers and drinks included in the rate. There was a fee for parking and it's all valet.
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 05:32 AM
Original Poster

i'm thinking we won't even need a car for the beginning of the trip. we're staying 6 or 7 nights and i thought we'd spend maybe three in the city and then rent a car from someplace downtown and take some day trips. perhaps to whidbey island, snoqualmie falls. both of those are only about 30 minutes away. how long are you staying and are you going to stay at the one hotel the whole time? we had thought about visiting vancouver or the san juans, but it seems there will be enough to do in the seattle area and i don't really feel like changing hotels. i want it to be relaxing. we're traveling with our 3 teenagers, so not sure how relaxing it will be!!